The Student Room Group

baseline tests y13

you know the y13 exams at the start of year, which determine predicted grades, how long do you think is a good time to revise for them, in the summer?
also with a admissions test to prep for alongside
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Miasmarome
you know the y13 exams at the start of year, which determine predicted grades, how long do you think is a good time to revise for them, in the summer?

Remember you need some time to relax over summer, but these exams could be quite important for your uni application. How much you need to revise will depend on how much time you have available, your revision style, your target grades (which should be at least equal to the entry requirements of the courses you're applying to), and how far off your target you are currently. Juggling these exams alongside an admissions test might be difficult, so i recommend creating a timetable to divide your time appropriately between them. This might not be true for you, but for my admissions tests (UCAT and BMAT), I needed a shorter duration of prep compared to my mock exams, so for me what worked was revising for a longer duration at a less intense level for mocks, and more intensely for a shorter duration for my admissions tests, although it does depend on the style of your admissions test and your personal way of preparing, as well as many other factors. In short, I can't tell you you need to do X hours a day for Y weeks before your exams, you need to consider the factors I've mentioned and make a plan based on that. Again remember to have time to relax and enjoy yourself over summer too!
Original post by Miasmarome

I'm guessing your school does it differently as I had end of year 12 tests instead. But I would suggest revising over summer just plan you time properly, making sure to include breaks.
Original post by dgupt
I'm guessing your school does it differently as I had end of year 12 tests instead. But I would suggest revising over summer just plan you time properly, making sure to include breaks.

we had end of y12 tests too, but our teachers give start of y13 mocks too so they can help for them to make predicted grades, youre lucky you dont have them

Quick Reply

Latest