Eurgh need someone to make me laugh Watch

This discussion is closed.
frost105
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Well as some of you guys know I had a bad smear a few weeks back. Finally had the cells removed and all is well there, results have come back and all is clear on that front.

I also had an endoscopy done on my uterus as well. I've had endometriosis for years now and the damage has been such that I was told I would never have children (uterine wall was damaged as well as fallopian tubes)-that was 7 years ago. The endoscopy showed that there is a chance that I maybe able to carry a child if I were to fall pregnant in the next 2 years (though I would have to have IVF as my eggs dont go to my uterus!)

I've accepted I'll never have children as have my family and partner but my partners family didnt react so well when they found out and were telling my partner that he'll bever be able to have his own children with me and could he live without not having his own children etc and this was only in the first few months of dating!! Now they have found out this news they were getting all excited at the prospect of the new baby etc and I was like whoah! It aint happening. I'm in no way ready to have a child emotionally or financially and just becasue there is a chance I could be pregnant doesnt mean I should right?

So anyway no they're sniping and calling me selfish etc and I'm now hiding with the phones unhooked online! Tell me that I'm right and I'm not being selfish

ps thanks for reading this and sorry its so long xx
MorbidAngel
Badges: 11
Report 14 years ago
if u want kid then thats your decision. just because u can have a kid now, doesnt mean u have to take it. mayb in a few years once ur ready u might be able to have kids
Sofa King
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by frost105)
Well as some of you guys know I had a bad smear a few weeks back. Finally had the cells removed and all is well there, results have come back and all is clear on that front.

I also had an endoscopy done on my uterus as well. I've had endometriosis for years now and the damage has been such that I was told I would never have children (uterine wall was damaged as well as fallopian tubes)-that was 7 years ago. The endoscopy showed that there is a chance that I maybe able to carry a child if I were to fall pregnant in the next 2 years (though I would have to have IVF as my eggs dont go to my uterus!)

I've accepted I'll never have children as have my family and partner but my partners family didnt react so well when they found out and were telling my partner that he'll bever be able to have his own children with me and could he live without not having his own children etc and this was only in the first few months of dating!! Now they have found out this news they were getting all excited at the prospect of the new baby etc and I was like whoah! It aint happening. I'm in no way ready to have a child emotionally or financially and just becasue there is a chance I could be pregnant doesnt mean I should right?

So anyway no they're sniping and calling me selfish etc and I'm now hiding with the phones unhooked online! Tell me that I'm right and I'm not being selfish

ps thanks for reading this and sorry its so long xx

:eek: Woah, that's so unfair! Tell your partner's family that it won't be just his child; you have the right to have a say, its your body at the end of the day. Selfishness doesn't come into it - no one should be forced to into making a decision of that magnitude.

good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I clicked on this thread with every intention of making you laugh... but now I don't really feel like it .

PS - you're right and not being selfish
frost105
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
I clicked on this thread with every intention of making you laugh... but now I don't really feel like it .

PS - you're right and not being selfish
Ah give me a giggle
Mad_Monkey59
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://www.boreme.com/ - Funny website, try that always good for a laugh

hope you feel better.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (74)
24.1%
No (233)
75.9%

Watched Threads