HGV / Dual Carriageway Question

Watch this thread
studentscl
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi everyone

I was driving today along a dual carriageway (UK) positioned in the left lane. I was just exiting out of a 50mph average speed zone and had entered a NSL zone, therefore I obviously increased my speed. However, shortly after entering the NSL zone, I glanced out of my right hand mirror and noticed a highways maintenance truck (lorry size) attempting to overtake me and I think it had cars queuing up behind it, he therefore then pulled in unbelievably close behind me and lingered there as if he were annoyed. Am I in the wrong here at all?

For reference my speed was approx a steady 60mph and I wasn’t trying to go faster when I saw the truck in my right hand mirror.

The driver did then overtake multiple cars after this.

Cheers
Last edited by studentscl; 1 week ago
Advertisement
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
Meh, they were prob just impatient or frustrated, it can come about in a second and not matter just as fast.
IL2001
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
Yes, as you were probably lingering at around the speed the lorry is limited to, then speeding up when he tries to overtake you. In future, slow down and let them pass if you see a lorry or bus trying to overtake you. They havs strict schedules to stick to and you could be the difference between them getting home and seeing their family that night and them being forced to sleep in a lay by.
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (8)
22.22%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (10)
27.78%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (16)
44.44%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
5.56%

Watched Threads