Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Its the first time Im going shopping with her, so how much should I treat her? Obviously I'll buy us food and stuff but just how much should I splash out on her?

Also, usually we just go to parks and stuff for romantic walks. Kinda running out of places to go to though. Apart from walks/shopping/cines, where could I take her?

ReputationRep:
    £20 will do, wait until christmas to spend anymore:yep:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Why not let her spend her own money?

I go shopping with my boyfriend and we spend our money on ourselves not each other, it's just nice being in his company

ReputationRep:
    Are you serious here? You can't live even the basic parts of your own life without consulting the internet first? Spend what you want/can afford. Go and do what you want. We don't know.

ReputationRep:
    Buy her shoes. And clothes. She will thank you for it in the form of sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyFencer)
    Are you serious here? You can't live even the basic parts of your own life without consulting the internet first? Spend what you want/can afford. Go and do what you want. We don't know.
    100% agreed.

ReputationRep:
    AGREE

ReputationRep:

If you dont know, then dont say anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pkiy)
    If you dont know, then dont say anything.
    And what exactly is there to know? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Eh? Give her money?

That would only be acceptable if she has washed, ironed or darned your clothing, cooked your meals or waxed your car.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure she won't expect you to spend anything on her for clothes etc... unless you've said that you're taking her shopping. The thread says that she's taking you - so sort of making you go with her? In which case, I make my boyfriend come out with me and don't expect him to spend anything on me.
    If you want to though then it doesn't have to be much. If she see's a nice top or cheap jewellery she likes and you can afford you could offer to buy her something like that.
    Otherwise just buy her a drink and you should be fine

As for other things to do you could try bowling, swimming, ice skating, anything like that. But those cost money so romantic walks and just spending time at each others houses should be good.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Lell)
    Agreed

ReputationRep:
    Ice skating is fun!

ReputationRep:
    God, if she expects you buy her things, forget the shopping & skip right to the end of the relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lell)
    Agreed.

(Though obv relationships shouldn't be about money, but treating a girl is nice)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    Why not let her spend her own money?
    He's so womantic!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caroline147)
    God, if she expects you buy her things, forget the shopping & skip right to the end of the relationship.
    Marry me??
    You sound like my ideal woman :P

ReputationRep:
    I dont think she expects you to pay for her stuff, but if you would like to, I'm sure she'll be happy, tho she might not accept it. As other have said, just spend as much as you can afford to. Dont need to break your bank.

I never expect my bf to pay for me, i already feel bad when he doesn't want to take money from me when i asked him to get me stuff like milk or bread.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.