The Student Room Group

A Level Results Day Diary 2022

Hey! So this is a forum where you state the date and then comment how you are feeling as the days go by (try to comment your feelings everyday, I'd love to see how your feelings change or stay the same as the days go by, I too am waiting for my results) :

Example:
"04/08/22: Today I am feeling nervous, the realisation that we are so close to results day yet so far is so nerve-racking! Trying to distract myself at the same time though!"

Go ahead, lets all share our feelings, maybe it'll help relieve stress haha 😁

Scroll to see replies

Hello, yes I am with you, it’s very nerve-racking!!
04/08/22: i must have had about 3 dreams of results day so far. this day cannot come soon enoughhh
Reply 3
Hello does anyone know if there are A level resits in september or November in 2022 after a level results day in 2022? thanks
Original post by km9422
Hello does anyone know if there are A level resits in september or November in 2022 after a level results day in 2022? thanks

There must be every year.
05/08/2022 Feeling very anxious today for the reasons that I studied for my A2 subjects independently. I worry even more because all the work was on me and I do not know if I was capable of teaching myself those. The results will tell me I guess… I really hope I get good enough to both get into Uni and satisfy myself too at the same time.

I really want to go back to learning after a year of studying independently. I miss being in a class therefore the results mean so much to me.
Original post by km9422

Not in England
Original post by Sabrinaspellman
There must be every year.

No, not in England - why 'must' there be A level resits
05-08-2022

Starting to feel a bit anxious now…
05/08/22: Today, I feel the exact same, I guess what worries me is that I know I am capable of achieving good results, but when I compare myself to others, it lowers my self-esteem because I am constantly trying to compare my abilities to another individual, I need to stop doing that, but it's hard not to. I guess the only thing that's keeping me going is my prayers and the faith I have in how much I revised for my subjects. 😣
Original post by Sabrinaspellman
05/08/2022 Feeling very anxious today for the reasons that I studied for my A2 subjects independently. I worry even more because all the work was on me and I do not know if I was capable of teaching myself those. The results will tell me I guess… I really hope I get good enough to both get into Uni and satisfy myself too at the same time.

I really want to go back to learning after a year of studying independently. I miss being in a class therefore the results mean so much to me.

You taught yourself those subjects you did your best with only you and your knowledge as the resource, you should be proud of yourself, I know it's hard to be, but just remember how much effort you put into this, I know you are capable of achieving those high grades! 😊
Original post by Squiggles1238
Hello, yes I am with you, it’s very nerve-racking!!

Hi! It really is, its even more nerve-racking knowing you've put your all into this with just 2 years to spare, you made it through your A levels, I hope you're proud of yourself because you should be! 😊
Original post by ebyrne2036
05-08-2022

Starting to feel a bit anxious now…

What's making you anxious, the waiting? If so I think most of us can relate! It really is a scary thing, but we'll make it through this. Whatever happens, remember you went in there and you finished your A levels, that itself is an achievement! 😄
Original post by km9422

You can most definitely resit your A levels, but I wouldn't reckon it comes a few months after A level results day, but there definitely will be resits! Every year there is! 😊
Original post by watashiwa
04/08/22: i must have had about 3 dreams of results day so far. this day cannot come soon enoughhh

Haha it really is a waiting game! But I bet you, by next week, you'll feel it coming! Try not to be scared or panic, try do some activities you love that can help distract you from it! Maybe even just watching Youtube or Netflix 😊
Original post by LemonPepperTV
What's making you anxious, the waiting? If so I think most of us can relate! It really is a scary thing, but we'll make it through this. Whatever happens, remember you went in there and you finished your A levels, that itself is an achievement! 😄

Yeh I think it is the waiting and just the dates gettin closer

Thank u tho
Original post by LemonPepperTV
Haha it really is a waiting game! But I bet you, by next week, you'll feel it coming! Try not to be scared or panic, try do some activities you love that can help distract you from it! Maybe even just watching Youtube or Netflix 😊

hahaha trust me i have been watching just about EVERYTHING in these past weeks. i dont know how demanding university is going to be so i plan to consume as much content as i can before then lol
Original post by watashiwa
hahaha trust me i have been watching just about EVERYTHING in these past weeks. i dont know how demanding university is going to be so i plan to consume as much content as i can before then lol

LOL I could not agree with this statement more 😂
08/08/22

Did my a levels last year- got BBB which I know isn’t the best but I was happy because covid made it really hard for me.

But- I am waiting for my art Foundation results. Hope to get a Merit and go to uni of Edinburgh! which I never thought would be possible being dyslexic and struggling to keep up academically sometimes.

I find out my results the same day as a level and honestly I’m feeling really stressed, been fine up until last week. It’s horrible that they make everyone wait so long but as I’ve been through this before- to reassure everyone else it will be fine even if you don’t get what you expect, it’s not the end of the world as I found out (I was expecting AAB). A year out made me realise I wouldn’t have been ready for uni last year and even if I don’t end up at Edinburgh there’s always another option/ solution to every problem.

Apologies for the lengthy post but I remember waiting last year and it’s excruciating having to wait so long for what feels like one of the biggest events in your life. Good luck everyone :smile:
08/08/2022
Starting to feel the nerves as even track is down now making it more official

Quick Reply

Latest