Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hello. I'm applying to university having already completed my A Levels, and I'm wondering whether I should include my AS grades as separate qualifications on the UCAS form as they were certificated, even though I carried them onto A2 and completed them. Or should I only enter the 'GCE Advanced Level' qualification?

    Sorry if it's already been stated, I tried looking and used the search function but couldn't find anything.


    i was about to post the exact same thread with the same wording! freaky ****..

    i couldn't find anything either

    I shouldn't have thought so, not if you've completed them. But don't take this as fact, just what i would have thought tbh.

    Good question, was wondering the very same thing last night....but thought I was being stupid....
    Surely you wouldnt have to write your AS grades if you continued on to study them at A level and now have your grade??

    (Original post by Brown_Bateman)
    if you did better in your AS than in your A2 then put both grades down but make sure you put the dates they were obtained so as to prevent confusion
    otherwise, no you don't need to put down your AS results if you've certificated the corresponding A2
    are you certain about that???

University open days

  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.