who do you think should be the new prime minister in england?

Watch this thread
Poll: who do you think should be the new prime minister in england?
rishi sunak (11)
61.11%
liz truss (7)
38.89%
Yellow Daisy
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
title
Last edited by Yellow Daisy; 6 days ago
mqb2766
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 days ago
Larry the cat
https://twitter.com/Number10cat
Obviously. Can't believe hes not even on the poll
https://twitter.com/Number10cat/stat...74689965228032
Last edited by mqb2766; 6 days ago
TypicalNerd
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
Out of Truss and Sunak?

Rishi Sunak. I feel he is the candidate with more integrity and a more realistic view of how economically we should look to recover. Whether he will actually keep to his word in a lot of ways, we can only find out if he gets into 10 downing street.

Out of any of them?

(I’m so gonna get inundated with refutations for this, but hear me out)… Keir Starmer. Of all the leaders of main political parties, he is the one who strikes me as the most politically central (thus not too far left or right). Imo politics itself should not be allowed to govern the country. Responsible, intelligent and mature leaders with integrity are what we should be voting in. In addition to not being so politically skewed to one side, Keir Starmer demonstrated integrity when faced with the investigation by promising to resign if found to be in breach of the law (unlike BoJo).

He also strikes me as more mature than a lot of his counterparts, who I feel would be an international embarrassment during negotiations (which we really need to do, since trade is what brings in roughly 60% of our food iirc and having no deals with the EU is likely to result in ridiculous tariffs that will worsen the cost of living crisis).

However, there is a downside of Keir Starmer becoming PM… Labour would have to get in. That would mean that politics would have to come into it and as Labour is so disaffected by political infighting that I’m uncertain whether it’s the right party to put in place. If Keir Starmer was the leader of a unified, centrist party, I wouldn’t be as hesitant to say he should absolutely become leader.

Imo, his character stands out among the various politicans rn as one of the best, it’s just unfortunate his party stands out as among the most problematic.
Last edited by TypicalNerd; 6 days ago
Yellow Daisy
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by TypicalNerd)
Out of Truss and Sunak?

Rishi Sunak. I feel he is the candidate with more integrity and a more realistic view of how economically we should look to recover. Whether he will actually keep to his word in a lot of ways, we can only find out if he gets into 10 downing street.

Out of any of them?

(I’m so gonna get inundated with refutations for this, but hear me out)… Keir Starmer. Of all the leaders of main political parties, he is the one who strikes me as the most politically central (thus not too far left or right). Imo politics itself should not be allowed to govern the country. Responsible, intelligent and mature leaders with integrity are what we should be voting in. In addition to not being so politically skewed to one side, Keir Starmer demonstrated integrity when faced with the investigation by promising to resign if found to be in breach of the law (unlike BoJo).

He also strikes me as more mature than a lot of his counterparts, who I feel would be an international embarrassment during negotiations (which we really need to do, since trade is what brings in roughly 60% of our food iirc and having no deals with the EU is likely to result in ridiculous tariffs that will worsen the cost of living crisis).

However, there is a downside of Keir Starmer becoming PM… Labour would have to get in. That would mean that politics would have to come into it and as Labour is so disaffected by political infighting that I’m uncertain whether it’s the right party to put in place. If Keir Starmer was the leader of a unified, centrist party, I wouldn’t be as hesitant to say he should absolutely become leader.

Imo, his character stands out among the various politicans rn as one of the best, it’s just unfortunate his party stands out as among the most problematic.
yes
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
At this point they should just haul one of those "fatbergs" out of the Thames and plonk it down in number 10, couldn't do any worse...
zhn789
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
Liz! Fishy rishy is nothing but a sleezy, cheesy, grinning cheshire cat who always looks uncomfortable and lost

Either way, labour will win the next general so neither of them will last long
mqb2766
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
At this point they should just haul one of those "fatbergs" out of the Thames and plonk it down in number 10, couldn't do any worse...
Think Prescott is now in the Lords.
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
Neither look particularly appealing for leadership.
londonmyst
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
Ideally- Fabulous Finn. :cool:
anniisa97
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
My neighbour down the road.
ageshallnot
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
Why "England"?
londonmyst
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by ageshallnot)
Why "England"?
Trying to avoid all the nonsense connected with Northern Ireland and Scotland.
ageshallnot
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Trying to avoid all the nonsense connected with Northern Ireland and Scotland.
Hmmm, the contest is for the UK premiership.
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
Spot on. I wish I could rep more than once.
artful_lounger
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by ageshallnot)
Hmmm, the contest is for the UK premiership.
To be fair I think most of the major political parties that aren't NI ones/Plaid Cymru/SNP tend to forget the UK includes more than just England

(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
Spot on. I wish I could rep more than once.
Master0fReality
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
Me. You’re all banned from Chequers.
ageshallnot
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
To be fair I think most of the major political parties that aren't NI ones/Plaid Cymru/SNP tend to forget the UK includes more than just England
Not if they need them for a coalition! 😃
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
Arthur is not just a king. He is the Once and Future King. Take heart, for when Albion's need is greatest: Arthur will rise again.

...any time now. :bebored:
mqb2766
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
Arthur is not just a king. He is the Once and Future King. Take heart, for when Albion's need is greatest: Arthur will rise again.

...any time now. :bebored:
Tbf, we nearly had a couple of Arthurs as kings. One was murdered by his uncle, the other died after swimming in the dirty Thames. Not a good precedent ...
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by mqb2766)
Tbf, we nearly had a couple of Arthurs as kings. One was murdered by his uncle, the other died after swimming in the dirty Thames. Not a good precedent ...
Did we? Who were these king Arthurs?
Last edited by Plantagenet Crown; 6 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (40)
28.78%
Take a gap year (22)
15.83%
Resit my exams (38)
27.34%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (18)
12.95%
I don't know yet (15)
10.79%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.32%

Watched Threads