The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Does queen Mary allow students to repeat a year ?

Long story short I failed 4 modules due to complete laziness, doing resits but I’m looking for options if I don’t manage to pass.

I read the regulations and it says if you don’t achieve the passing credits it may lead to deregistrstion, but it also has a whole section about retakes so I don’t have a solid answer.

Will queen Mary allow me to repeat a whole year ?
Most universities allow for a restart of a year, given you can afford it - if you're funding your studies through SFE, they will grant funding for an additional year of an undergrad for this purpose. Your best bet is to speak with your tutor, or the SU, who will have a long talk about your options.

I have done some research into this and found the following, which you should find helpful:

"If you want to re-take a period in attendance, you need to request this from your academic school. If your school don’t agree to your request, contact Annie Mitchell in the Student’s Union for advice about whether you can appeal this decision."

Fingers crossed, and I'm sure you'll pass the resits! If not, then don't worry, it's not the end of the road, you just need to commit to yourself!
(edited 1 year ago)
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending