The Student Room Group

NEA on Tudor Rebellions

I’m doing my NEA on Tudor rebellions, specifically religion being the main cause. Does anyone know have good recommendations on primary sources and interpretations?
Original post by starry sam
I’m doing my NEA on Tudor rebellions, specifically religion being the main cause. Does anyone know have good recommendations on primary sources and interpretations?

@04MR17@Sinnoh might be able to help?

Reply 2
I was one of few in my year who didn't do this topic unfortunately, but Albert Pollard's interpretation was a popular choice.
Reply 3
Original post by Sinnoh
I was one of few in my year who didn't do this topic unfortunately, but Albert Pollard's interpretation was a popular choice.

Thank you ☺️ Do you know where can I find it?
Reply 4

Just look up some of the books he's written on the subject, they should be available at a large enough bookshop (he's a prominent historian) or online
I am also doing my coursework on this question. I am struggling on finding where to start my coursework and also where to find things for references. Can anyone help?
Reply 6

Original post by georgia2005
I am also doing my coursework on this question. I am struggling on finding where to start my coursework and also where to find things for references. Can anyone help?

Btw, for primary sources, it's not really practical for you at this stage to go digging for them yourself - look at the sources that historians use, look at the bibliography in any of the standard A-level textbooks/
Thank you! I shall do that now. Do you have any tips on how to begin the work? Is it just like an essay question?
Original post by Sinnoh
Btw, for primary sources, it's not really practical for you at this stage to go digging for them yourself - look at the sources that historians use, look at the bibliography in any of the standard A-level textbooks/
Reply 8
Original post by georgia2005
Thank you! I shall do that now. Do you have any tips on how to begin the work? Is it just like an essay question?

It'll depend on the exam board. I did OCR and it was a bit different to the usual essay questions in that I was analysing each historian's argument based on their primary evidence and own knowledge. Feels weird critiquing full-on professors in their topic but I did well in the end.
My general advice would be to identify the main arguments around the topic, identify the most prominent historians advocating those points and make a summary of their arguments and evidence used.
Thank you for your help! I think I'm going to give my mind a rest and try again a bit later!
Original post by Sinnoh
It'll depend on the exam board. I did OCR and it was a bit different to the usual essay questions in that I was analysing each historian's argument based on their primary evidence and own knowledge. Feels weird critiquing full-on professors in their topic but I did well in the end.
My general advice would be to identify the main arguments around the topic, identify the most prominent historians advocating those points and make a summary of their arguments and evidence used.
For primary sources - get in touch with the National Archives on social media and ask if they have any digitised sources about [a specific event] and they may get you something snazzy or point you in the direction of something useful.

Your teacher should also give you guidance on this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending