Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just looking for some help with my homework, because i don't have a clue!

The question is:
    Imagine that you are Wagner at the end of Act2 Scene1. Strange things are going on, and you are worried about your master Faustus. Describe your thoughts and feelings at this point.

My questions are:
    Should i briefly describe what has gone on up to this point, then comment on how I (Wagner) am feeling about it?
    How do i know how Wagner is feeling when he wasn't actually present.
    My teacher wants us to write it in Elizabethan style, how do i do this? :confused:

Any help very appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Dr Faustus - one of the greatest achievements of the English Language.

Are you sure this is the right forum to post this question in? Either way, I've not been set a narrative essay like that since I ws about 13 :P

Therefore, I'm not much help. As such, this is the most pointless response I could probably write, but I'm too far into it to just delete it...

ReputationRep:
    I assume your teacher is expecting you to pretend that Wagner is present or you could mention his 'non-presence' in your essay before going on to talk about how he might feel had he been present, You may want to talk about how he is feeling to specific events so would need to describe these events and how they came about, but don't go into too much detail about the rest of the play if you teacher wants you to look at one specific scene. Its 4 years since i did Dr Faustus though i loved it. Hope that was helpful.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 23, 2008
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.