The Student Room Group

I’m going to Year 13 and doing real A-level exams and have not got a Job?

Hi!
I’m struggling to look for a job on indeed and and other websites and it’s extremely difficult no matter how many jobs I apply to it is impossible, and I need some sort of money before entering Year 13 otherwise it would be impossible to invest that money into my education because I believe it will help me succeed in alevels.
Reply 1
Original post by Philemon4
Hi!
I’m struggling to look for a job on indeed and and other websites and it’s extremely difficult no matter how many jobs I apply to it is impossible, and I need some sort of money before entering Year 13 otherwise it would be impossible to invest that money into my education because I believe it will help me succeed in alevels.

Apply on company websites. Trust me!! It helped me secure a part time job at Five Guy’s
Hi!

I know my friend printed out several copies of her cv and went round all the local restaurants/cafes in her town and ended up getting a job. This applies more to smaller/independent businesses as larger chain companies will have a process.
Hi!

Heya! Have you asked your parents/friends if they have any friends that run a cafe/restaurant to help you with getting a job? My friend was working in a cafe and they needed more people so she recommended I apply and I immediately got the job and started the next day. She got the job because her parents knew the owner of the cafe. You could also just go around local shops/cafes with your CV and ask them if they are hiring and to consider you as a candidate :smile: Applying directly to them usually works well too!

Please do remember to do revision for your a-levels as well! If you prioritise work then your grades might be greatly affected, I've seen that happen to multiple people. If you need any help with your studies then do check out Study Mind for free resources and tutoring services!

Hope this helps!
Milena G.
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest