The Student Room Group

A level REVISION 1 down 2 to go

My plan for this summer as I'm retaking Biology(AQA) and Chemistry (AQA) to stop me procrastinating. Feel free to join in with your own checklists if we're doing similar subjects!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
Today's plan : DAY1 : 7/8/22

1. Revise Thermodynamics
Complete Thermodynamics Pack 1 & Pack 2
2. Do Biology AS anki flashcards for 30 mins
3. Do Biology A Level anki flashcards for 30 mins
4. Do Chemistry AS anki flashcards for 30 mins + add to flashcards
5.Pick random q's for chemistry
6.Watch Miss Estruch Topic 4 Biology video
Hi, can I just confirm - you've just done your a levels and are planning to retake those two subjects? If so, I also plan on retaking as I;ve absolutely messed up my exams :frown: Can I ask, do you know what the process is like for retaking A levels? i.e. do you get to use any teaching resources from college and how do you apply to uni and stuff?
Reply 3
Original post by anony708
Hi, can I just confirm - you've just done your a levels and are planning to retake those two subjects? If so, I also plan on retaking as I;ve absolutely messed up my exams :frown: Can I ask, do you know what the process is like for retaking A levels? i.e. do you get to use any teaching resources from college and how do you apply to uni and stuff?

I didn't sit the exams I only sat my Psychology exam this year so I can't go into clearing or anything either :frown: x I'm going to reapply next year on UCAS tbh I don't really have much of a plan yet as I only decided not to sit the exams around February time this year x
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by anon25x
I didn't sit the exams I only sat my Psychology exam this year so I can't go into clearing or anything either :frown: x I'm going to reapply next year on UCAS tbh I don't really have much of a plan yet as I only decided not to sit the exams around February time this year x

ah so are you retaking year 13 then, as in going into lessons and stuff?
Original post by anon25x
My plan for this summer as I'm retaking Biology(AQA) and Chemistry (AQA) to stop me procrastinating. Feel free to join in with your own checklists if we're doing similar subjects!

Hey @anon25x

My best advice for doing biology and chemistry is to go through past papers and then go through your answer with a different coloured pen literally marking which bits gave you a mark (I would underline the section and put 1, 2, 3... above it) so you know exactly what marks you achieved and what was missing from your answer. In my experience this helped me speed up in exams because I put what I remembered from mark schemes first, maximising the marks I could get in a short space of time, and then I'd come back to add more later if I had time.

Good luck with your revision!
Rebecca
Reply 6
Kind of forgot about this because of results day stress ! I will try updating this more often

Quick Reply

Latest