Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok not as good as I would like because it was taken with a video camera on 9th floor of the Maxwell Building, University of Salford however I think its a good view

On the DVD I have produced you can even make out the individual farms on the penines.

ReputationRep:
    Err.... come on AT, you can do better than that! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    Err.... come on AT, you can do better than that! :p:
    If I had my still cemera there at the time I could have done, that is a rip of a DVD, its a moving pan shot, and I can't really stick that up on here. I just thought it looked quite illusinal, you have to know Manchester to understand what I mean, but it was filmed two miles away from the city centre, and the hills you see in the background are like 15 miles away. I just think its a great backdrop, skycrapers on hills.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    skyscrapers on hills.
    that's a bit exaggerated..! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    that's a bit exaggerated..! :p:
    You have to see the real shot to see what I mean, it just looks like the hills are much closer than they are, however I suppose the northern part of the city centre is quite hilly.

ReputationRep:
    i saw the title of the thread and i thought: that can ONLY be from 'amazingtrade' :rolleyes:
    and guess what? I was right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wild thing)
    i saw the title of the thread and i thought: that can ONLY be from 'amazingtrade' :rolleyes:
    and guess what? I was right
    When I am dead I want a 300ft statue erected of me, in the middle of Manchester city centre! :p:

ReputationRep:
    When I am dead I want a 300ft statue erected of me, in the middle of Manchester city centre! :p:
    hahahaha why am i NOT surprised?? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wild thing)
    hahahaha why am i NOT surprised?? :rolleyes:
    You see I like playing games, if I get given a stereotype I like to dwell on it and basicaly take the mick out of it. Thats what I do with Manchester, Joy Division and The Smiths. People think I am obsessed withthe Smiths so I will go out wearing a Smiths t-shirt. Its my twisted idea of fun

I think you are probably aware that I don't really want a 300ft statue made of me!

ReputationRep:
    You see I like playing games, if I get given a stereotype I like to dwell on it and basicaly take the mick out of it. Thats what I do with Manchester, Joy Division and The Smiths. People think I am obsessed withthe Smiths so I will go out wearing a Smiths t-shirt. Its my twisted idea of fun

I think you are probably aware that I don't really want a 300ft statue made of me!
    no...i thought you'd wnat a 500 ft tall one

ReputationRep:
    it makes the city look a bit dark and ick

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.