The Student Room Group

I feel betrayed by my bf

We’ve been dating for 1 year and a half and we’re both 23.

So for this summer, I really wanted to go abroad with him and in particular to Spain.
The thing is my bf didn’t really seem interested in this travel. TBH on contrary to him I don’t work yet + he already planned to go to a trip to his parents home country with his family. So I thought that he was afraid to paid again for a trip with me, and most of the trip since I would not have a lot of money on my part, and also he would be too tired to travel again. So I let it go and I was like well we will go there when I’ll work to, probably at the end of the year. So I told him about a spot there I really wanted to go with him (a friend of mine told me about this spot and how she was looking for friends to go with her there but I told my bf that it was so beautiful I prefer going there with him.) . We’ve both never be to Spain so I was so excited to discover the country with him.

Finally, for this summer we organised a weekend together in another region of our country. It’s a beautiful place of our country so it made me happy.

Last time, we had a dinner birthday with his family. His brother had a conversation with their mom when he suddenly said that he wouldn’t be available on a date his mom was talking about because he planned to go with his bro (my bf) and some cousins of them on boys trip… to Spain.

I was totally shocked because, first, I had no idea my bf planned a trip again, he didn’t tell me anything about this. + on the country I told him all the time I wanted to go there this summer ????

He told me that it wasn’t official, that they only talk about this the day before and it would only be 2 days (tbh his brother say to their mom their decided about this the day before but he talk about this like it was official, and even his gf known about this…) but I’m pretty sure he didn’t talk to me about that because of shame and he knew Id take it hard.

I’m really disappointed. Like if they were going to another country, I’d still be kind of sad since my bf and I never had the occasion in more than 1 year to go abroad together while he’d go twice on his side but I think I’d accept it. But THIS feel like a knife in the back.

I don’t wanna be like a country gatekeeper but like we were talking about discovering this country together and soon (I’m supposed to start working on September so probably on October) so it makes me really sad..

What are your thoughts on this please ?
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Please don't post duplicate threads.

I’m sorry I wanted to delete the first one because I didn’t send it not on purpose and it wasn’t finished but I’m not able to delete or edit it :/
Reply 2
Don't wait for a man or anyone for that matter to do what you desire. People can be wishy washy. Lesson learned?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending