The Student Room Group

Are there any Joint-honour degrees on business and psychology anywhere?

I was curious for a friend since they're struggling to find universities with this course, does anyone know if the more competitive London unis do anything on joint-honours since I can't find any information on any joint-honours that accommodate both business and psych at any of them.
Original post by 0aei
I was curious for a friend since they're struggling to find universities with this course, does anyone know if the more competitive London unis do anything on joint-honours since I can't find any information on any joint-honours that accommodate both business and psych at any of them.

If you have checked UCAS course search and the prospectus and they dont show there wont be. Exeter offer a course called Flexible Combined Honours where you can combine most things. Have a look at that. I suspect other universities might offer the combination as well.
Business Psychology - Kent, Essex, Kingston.
Marketing and Management with Psychology - Sussex
Business Management with Psychology - Birmingham
Psychology and Business and Management - Aberystwyth
Psychology & Human Resource Management - Strathclyde

These are all perfectly sensible Unis with good reputaions - don't be taken in by the supposed 'glamour' of University of London, it isnt all its cracked up to be.
Original post by 0aei

Hi there :smile:

I am a current Psychology student at the Uni of Kent so i'm hoping i can give you a bit of information about the uni that you might find useful. Kent offers multiple psychology joint honours degree including business psychology at entry level ABB-BBB. You can find information on the course structure here:

https://www.kent.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/3117/business-psychology

I have many friends that are studying business psychology at Kent and they thoroughly enjoy it. Most psychology courses at university are structured very similarly as there is mandatory content needed to be learnt by every psychology student. This means that for the majority of compulsory modules, straight psychology, business psychology, clinical psychology and forensic psychology students are taught together. The rest of the business modules are taught separately and you will be expected to complete a dissertation in this field of psychology in your final year.

Whilst I can only really provide an insight as to what business psychology is like at Kent, i hope this information is somewhat useful.If you have any questions that I might be able to help with let me know!
Best wishes for your friend and I hope they are able to find a course that is suited to them:u:

Joanna
-Uni of Kent Rep:biggrin:
Check here and search 'business' https://portal.bps.org.uk/Accredited-Courses

There are a few
Original post by 0aei

Hi :smile:

I study Psychology at Heriot-Watt university, and I would say there are a good amount of choices for doing Psychology with business in some way :smile:

At Heriot-Watt, for example, we have Psychology degrees with both business, marketing, and economics, so lots of choice! :smile:You can browse our degrees here: https://search.hw.ac.uk/s/search.html?f.Subject|subject=Psychology&f.Location|&collection=heriot-watt~meta-uk-courses&f.Level|courselevel=Undergraduate

I have fellow students in my year who study a joint degree, and I do most of my Psychology classes with them, but they also take business courses where I don't. They all thoroughly enjoy it and it's often a nice balance between the two subjects :smile:. Many degrees will likely have a similar structure like this, but some may have slightly different courses included. I would advice having a look at the different course contents of degrees, as Psychology can differ slightly between universities, and looking into the ones which seem most interesting :smile: or have opportunities which you would like to pursue.

Our Psychology with Management course with entry requirements, content, and structure can be viewed here : https://www.hw.ac.uk/uk/study/undergraduate/psychology-with-management.htm :smile: But again our courses may differ slightly from others!

I hope this helps - if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! Wishing your friend the best of luck! :smile:

-Claire
(4th year Psychology student)

Quick Reply

Latest