The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

oxford with a high 2:1 ?

Helloo, so I am likely to graduate with a high 2:1 (%67-68) from KCL PPE and was wondering if this is enough to get into msc social anthropology / sociology @ Oxford.

I got some relevant work experience and will be working as a research intern at a leading tink tank in Istanbul in a couple months (the work will be related to political sociology/anthropology of the middle east). I also speak Turkish and Arabic.

Aaaand a big part of my studies were disrupted due to my disability.

I know Oxford takes applications with a 65+ but I need some opinions on whether I’ve got a fair enough chance :smile:
Original post by lnuf1818
Helloo, so I am likely to graduate with a high 2:1 (%67-68) from KCL PPE and was wondering if this is enough to get into msc social anthropology / sociology @ Oxford.

I got some relevant work experience and will be working as a research intern at a leading tink tank in Istanbul in a couple months (the work will be related to political sociology/anthropology of the middle east). I also speak Turkish and Arabic.

Aaaand a big part of my studies were disrupted due to my disability.

I know Oxford takes applications with a 65+ but I need some opinions on whether I’ve got a fair enough chance :smile:

@Oxford Mum might be able to advise, thanks:smile:
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Can't see why you wouldn't be able to since it sounds like you're on track for 65% + already, and the experience you have lined up seems uniquely relevant so that's a bonus too.

Remember that masters applications tend to be less competitive than undergrad and PhD as there is very little funding for them so far fewer apply simply because many can't afford to do a master's!
Reply 3
I agree with the previous comment.

Being a masters student and then worked as a university staff myself I can say that admissions to a masters depend almost entirely to your financial capability to pay for it. It applies everywhere, even at Oxbridge.

I am not saying that your academic background/performance and relevant experience are not important, but these are not definitely the most weighting aspects.
(edited 1 year ago)
I would say the two previous comments sound excellent to me.

I know very little about postgraduate applications, but funding is very important

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending