Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hey, please don't unanon

So a few weeks ago I met this girl during a night out, within 2 hours we were back at mine and one thing led to another... She told me she was 18 and was at my uni, she even told me what halls she was at

So a couple of days ago I facebook searched her and she was 15

I'm 21 so I was a bit like wtf, I doubt I'll see her again but yeah I just wanted to know, was this like a bad thing for me to do? Should I demand ID before I sleep with girls in the future? How do you avoid a mess like this?

ReputationRep:
    If you genuinely thought she was 18, then no you didn't do anything wrong because it was not your intention to have sex with a 15 year old.

However, it makes sense for the age of consent laws to put the onus on the adult to not have sex with under 16s, not on the child.

ReputationRep:
    its not your fault that she lied to you, its well known that a lot of younger girls do look a lot older than they really are.
    moral of the story probably being; be extra careful with one night stands.
    but really, i wouldnt worry.

ReputationRep:
    getttt herrr buccckkkkeddd
    if she enjoyed it, its all good in the hood.
    just so long as you didnt force yourself on her

ReputationRep:
    The blame is not on you, however the problem is that there have been cases where even though this was an innocent mistake, people get jailed when someone finds out. Don't worry however since she is an year off minimum age there probably won't be any problems, but next time ask the girl her age, unless she happens to have facial wrinkles. Can't go wrong, with wrinkles.

ReputationRep:
    For all you know, she could have played a cunning trick on you. Dont be surprised if the police knock on you door within the next few days.

Yes it may not have been your intention to have sex with an underage girl, but the law states that is the responsibilty of the adult to ensure that he does not have any sexual relation with a minor (i.e. under age of 16).

Im serious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snookercraze)
    For all you know, she could have played a cunning trick on you. Dont be surprised if the police knock on you door within the next few days.

Yes it may not have been your intention to have sex with an underage girl, but the law states that is the responsibilty of the adult to ensure that he does not have any sexual relation with a minor (i.e. under age of 16).

Im serious.
    Would be the clubs fault for letting her in.

ReputationRep:

Im serious.
    No mate, you're not :nah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimberleyJane)
    Would be the clubs fault for letting her in.
    That is irrelevant. The crime (because it is, according to the law, a crime to have sex with any person under 16) occurred at his home, not in the pub.

Should the case go to court (long shot, I know), OP would be liable.

At the end of the day it was his reproductive organ (to put it nicely) that was used, not the club manager's.

That is irrelevant. The crime (because it is, according to the law, a crime to have sex with any person under 16) occurred at his home, not in the pub.

Should the case go to court (long shot, I know), OP would be liable.

At the end of the day it was his reproductive organ (to put it nicely) that was used, not the club manager's.
    I doubt its gonna go to court cos her facebook shows she has a boyfriend, I'm thinking she doesn't want him finding out

I just wanna avoid it happening again

ReputationRep:
    She could still say it was rape.. :/

And try to know your 15 year olds from your 18 year olds, dumbfeck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flic89)
    She could still say it was rape.. :/

And try to know your 15 year olds from your 18 year olds, dumbfeck.
    That's a bit harsh. I guess you assume if a girl is in a club then she has had her ID checked, and while there are fakes around, I don't know a massive amount of 15 year olds who go out on a regular basis, more the 17 year olds who aren't quite there yet.

And then what with being so up for a ONS, saying which halls she was in etc., I don't see why he would second guess her really, not as though she was buying her latest Barbie when he picked her up.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2008
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.