The Student Room Group

Working at McDonald's

Hi so basically I work at McDonalds and I wanted to know will you still get paid for going into work even though you are not scheduled for that day. For example, if I clock in and work like normal but I'm not scheduled online, will I still get paid or am I working for free.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mandxca
Hi so basically I work at McDonalds and I wanted to know will you still get paid for going into work even though you are not scheduled for that day. For example, if I clock in and work like normal but I'm not scheduled online, will I still get paid or am I working for free.

Unrelated but are people still coming and buying all the pokemon cards there?
Reply 2
kind of yea
Original post by Coldhands0
Unrelated but are people still coming and buying all the pokemon cards there?
Original post by Mandxca
kind of yea

Damn lol
Reply 4
Damn lol

I don't get the hype tho lmao
Original post by Mandxca
I don't get the hype tho lmao

Yh depends if ur into pokemon and stuff lol,i mean i do collect some cards sometimes.
Is it crazy working at mcdonalds?i worked at a food shop that was pretty popular and it was hell.i have so much respect for people who work in customer service,especo at night when theres crazy drunk people ordering food lol
Should do, yes. It's illegal not to pay you for work you did, but then McDonald's don't strike me as the kind of employer who's above breaking employment law, so make sure you double check your payslip.
Reply 8
Is it crazy working at mcdonalds?i worked at a food shop that was pretty popular and it was hell.i have so much respect for people who work in customer service,especo at night when theres crazy drunk people ordering food lol

I know righttt. it actually does get hectic and annoying especially when the managers and stuff aren't consistent either, like they're leaving me hanging rn 🥲 and they haven't scheduled me for tomorrow soooo
Reply 9
Original post by Master0fReality
Should do, yes. It's illegal not to pay you for work you did, but then McDonald's don't strike me as the kind of employer who's above breaking employment law, so make sure you double check your payslip.

ahh thank youuu, this is reassurance making me feel better
Original post by Mandxca
I know righttt. it actually does get hectic and annoying especially when the managers and stuff aren't consistent either, like they're leaving me hanging rn 🥲 and they haven't scheduled me for tomorrow soooo

Damn well respect to you, but atleast if ur working here now then that means u wont be working there in the future and you will be in a job u enjoy.
Reply 11
Damn well respect to you, but atleast if ur working here now then that means u wont be working there in the future and you will be in a job u enjoy.

that is true, thank youuu
Reply 12

alsooo I saw ur pm but somehow my account isn't ready to reply to u😭😭
Original post by Mandxca
alsooo I saw ur pm but somehow my account isn't ready to reply to u😭😭

Ohhh right haha yh i think when u make a new account i takes a few days before you can pm.its alrighr u can reply in a few days😂😂😂
Reply 14
Ohhh right haha yh i think when u make a new account i takes a few days before you can pm.its alrighr u can reply in a few days😂😂😂

yea see u in a few days 😭😭
Original post by Mandxca

Haha yeah😂
Original post by Mandxca

Are ur pms working now lol
Reply 17
Are ur pms working now lol

Unfortunately nope 😂 hopefully by tomorrow I think
Original post by Mandxca

I used to work at Mcdonalds’s and yes they do pay you when you come in to work even if your shift is not scheduled. :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by YourAverageApple
I used to work at Mcdonalds’s and yes they do pay you when you come in to work even if your shift is not scheduled. :smile:

omg really thank u so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending