Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    Currently doing my first third year essay, been working on it for about 2 weeks now (2000 words). In the essay guidance lecture they recommended at least 8 references which I have exceeded and with good use. But these references have come from 5 different sources.

So, are 5 different sources enough for a good essay (obviously provided I'm answering the question properly)?

Many thanks
    Dan

:dontknow: . . . .Im a 2nd year and I was told for a good essay, you need about 10-15 references . . . But that is my uni.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about the references, I'm talking about the sources.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure they will be more concerned with the quality and significance of the references etc than the number of sources. 5 sounds fine :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Oh I hope so randomgirl as I've put alot of effort into the essay and feel the references are highly significant to answering the question.

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Just found out I actually have 7 different sources so even better lol

(Original post by kineticz)
    Don't worry about the references, I'm talking about the sources.
    Sources/references - same kinda thing in my eyes. . . (Although its not . . .lol:rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    i am afraid not, there is a chance now that you will generate a low mark, which I hope you dont but I think you will. I am now convinced more than ever that you will produce a low mark. (Although I cant re-iterate enough that this is not my wish).

ReputationRep:
    i am afraid not, there is a chance now that you will generate a low mark, which I hope you dont but I think you will. I am now convinced more than ever that you will produce a low mark. (Although I cant re-iterate enough that this is not my wish).

ReputationRep:
    Based one what dude?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.