Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Bristol are bums....I hate waiting...HATEEEEEEEEE it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClosetGinger)
    Bristol are bums....I hate waiting...HATEEEEEEEEE it...
    At least you have manchester

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    This is supposed to be the sort of time when Bristol start giving out replies. It's my biggest hope for another offer (I mean... UCL is SO competetive...), so I'm crossing my fingers and legs and holding my breath and all sorts.... is no news really good news? 'Cos that might mean they don't know! Then they'll look at my LNAT essay. THEN I'll be buggered

This is my first posting so i though id follow suit an give my offers

Cardiff (AAA)
    Exeter (AAB)
    Aber (AAB)
    Staffs (BBB)
    Warick (pending)
    Bristol (pending also, but im waiting, like everyone else by the sounds of it!!)

ReputationRep:
    they offered me ABB for law, i got Blair to write them a letter. patronage eh

ReputationRep:
    closetginga wat were your predicted grades just out of curio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Messiah)
    they offered me ABB for law, i got Blair to write them a letter. patronage eh
    Wow!!!! When did you send your form off? What GCSEs/AS did you get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomcoolinguk)
    Wow!!!! When did you send your form off? What GCSEs/AS did you get?
    7A'S, 3A*, PREDICTED 3A'S + A IN AS POLITICS
    AND A SWEET LNAT ESSAY....

U?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loobyloo)
    Does anyone know how Bristol rates compared to say Nottingham and Warwick. Ive applied but hadnt really considered it..if i get an offer i wont know which to choose beween Nottingham and Bristol. Do you know if AAB is their standard offer?
    As close to 'equal' as makes no odds, with a slight margin of error in either direction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    As close to 'equal' as makes no odds, with a slight margin of error in either direction.
    NOTTS IS 4 FOR LAW IN THE COUNTRY. AND ITS GOT PRESTIGE WONDER LECTURERS THE LOT. APPARENTLY NICE FACILITIES AND CAMPUS. BRISTOL IS 15 FOR LAW, WARWICK IS 17...(GREAT UNI THOUGH)

ReputationRep:
    I went to the Bristol open day today, and they said that Bristol are giving out their offers in 'batches' and that we were the first batch to be picked (lol they know how to butter me up :rolleyes: .) So they defs aren't done deciding yet.

They also said that their standard offer this year will be AAB and that applies to everyone.

I was kinda torn between notts and bristol and I heard somewhere on here that Bristol has a bigger range of units you can take, whereas notts seems more business/commercial focused. (lol that said....it could have been a load of bull I read.)

And as for the hills, it really isn't that hilly at all, why are people so convinced there are so many hills?! There is one big hill which incorperates the uni, clifton and therefore the stoke bishop halls at the end, but Bristol isn't a bloody valley or anything!!! I've lived here for 17 years and I know the place like the back of my hand! If your going to stay in halls, then be prepared for a steady upward slope when your going back there lol........ :creep:
    Just don't let some rogue hill rumours put you off........... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    NOTTS IS 4 FOR LAW IN THE COUNTRY. AND ITS GOT PRESTIGE WONDER LECTURERS THE LOT. APPARENTLY NICE FACILITIES AND CAMPUS. BRISTOL IS 15 FOR LAW, WARWICK IS 17...(GREAT UNI THOUGH)
    One: please stop writing in capitals! :mad:
    Two: league tables aren't everything, and they are hugely inaccurate; they are based on poor quality statistics.

ReputationRep:

Do you happen to know where Exeter is in the league tables. I have an offer of AAB, so i was wandering does this make them better than Bristol??

ReputationRep:

Do you happen to know where Exeter is in the league tables. I have an offer of AAB, so i was wandering does this make them equal to Bristol, because Bristol seem to be holding out?!

ReputationRep:
    Well... if AAB is their standard offer this year, I should definitely get an offer :mad:
    :p: Please?

And by the way messiah, which tables are you using?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billionnaire87)
    Do you happen to know where Exeter is in the league tables. I have an offer of AAB, so i was wandering does this make them better than Bristol??
    No. Not by a long, long shot; and we're talking in AWM terms, here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    Well... if AAB is their standard offer this year, I should definitely get an offer :mad:
    :p: Please?

And by the way messiah, which tables are you using?
    TIMES HOMIE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lottelo)
    One: please stop writing in capitals! :mad:
    Two: league tables aren't everything, and they are hugely inaccurate; they are based on poor quality statistics.
    LEAGUE TABLES ARE THE BEST MEASURES... DONT U LIKE cAPITAL lETTERS

ReputationRep:
    TIMES HOMIE
    Were I you, I would not apportion so much decisive weight to arbitrary, 'league'-style systems. Universities within a single-figure distance of one another are nigh-on interchangeable; as can often be deduced from the perusal of a rival league table.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Were I you, I would not apportion so much decisive weight to arbitrary, 'league'-style systems. Universities within a single-figure distance of one another are nigh-on interchangeable; as can often be deduced from the perusal of a rival league table.
    BOTHERED

ReputationRep:
    7A'S, 3A*, PREDICTED 3A'S + A IN AS POLITICS
    AND A SWEET LNAT ESSAY....

U?
    Pretty similar- 7a* 4a, Predicted AAAA
    Oh, but an absolutely ***** LNAT essay

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 30, 2005

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.