The Student Room Group

Can I do my driving test in a convertible?

I have my driving test next week and both my instructors have refused to come with me, so only choice left is to do it in my car. I have a Peugeot 207cc and the only thing I’m scared of for my test is if I’m allowed to use it, my car has no rear windscreen wipers and that’s one of the show me questions, I’m absolutely bricking it. Does anyone know if I can use it? It meets every other requirement I just wanna know if my car model would be good enough for my test.

Btw I’ve emailed DVSA, still ain’t got a reply
Original post by DiamondDia
I have my driving test next week and both my instructors have refused to come with me, so only choice left is to do it in my car. I have a Peugeot 207cc and the only thing I’m scared of for my test is if I’m allowed to use it, my car has no rear windscreen wipers and that’s one of the show me questions, I’m absolutely bricking it. Does anyone know if I can use it? It meets every other requirement I just wanna know if my car model would be good enough for my test.

I would presume they’d allow you to do the test in a vehicle of your choice.

yes you can, they need some car specs for the test.
Original post by Mohammed_80
I would presume they’d allow you to do the test in a vehicle of your choice.

Original post by drkfuture
yes you can, they need some car specs for the test.

Thank you both
Out of interest how did you get on with your driving test? Were you able to use your Peugeot 207cc for the test? (I'm in the same boat)
Original post by storybooks86
Out of interest how did you get on with your driving test? Were you able to use your Peugeot 207cc for the test? (I'm in the same boat)

Yes it was completely fine!
Yes it was completely fine!

Thank you for getting back to me, that's brilliant thank you :-D
Original post by storybooks86
Thank you for getting back to me, that's brilliant thank you :-D

I also passed, (forgot to say), with 3 minors 😀
I also passed, (forgot to say), with 3 minors 😀

Hi I needed some advice please what would your advice be on if you are struggling to find a practical test in your preferred test centre and is the test nerve wracking.
Original post by Mohammed_80
Hi I needed some advice please what would your advice be on if you are struggling to find a practical test in your preferred test centre and is the test nerve wracking.

Leading up to the test I was nervous but the actual test itself is not as bad as it seems, my examiner was very nice and sweet, and talked me through it, went the wrong way like 3 times and passed. Honestly I’m telling you now as a very awkward and nervous person it was literally fine. The test is only around 40 minutes it honestly was the quickest 40 minutes of my life. Just make sure you do everything you’ve been taught, just drive like you’re driving with a parent or instructor it’ll be fine, take a deep breathe, compose yourself. CHECK your mirrors when necessary! Practise areas you’re not very confident with. Drive carefully and be aware of your surroundings, if you can’t see don’t go. If you’re struggling to find one in your preferred test centre, keep checking for cancellations, I downloaded and paid £11.99 for this app called Testi where it shows you cancellations for your preferred test centres immediately and I booked my test earlier. If not just keep practising the routes.
Leading up to the test I was nervous but the actual test itself is not as bad as it seems, my examiner was very nice and sweet, and talked me through it, went the wrong way like 3 times and passed. Honestly I’m telling you now as a very awkward and nervous person it was literally fine. The test is only around 40 minutes it honestly was the quickest 40 minutes of my life. Just make sure you do everything you’ve been taught, just drive like you’re driving with a parent or instructor it’ll be fine, take a deep breathe, compose yourself. CHECK your mirrors when necessary! Practise areas you’re not very confident with. Drive carefully and be aware of your surroundings, if you can’t see don’t go. If you’re struggling to find one in your preferred test centre, keep checking for cancellations, I downloaded and paid £11.99 for this app called Testi where it shows you cancellations for your preferred test centres immediately and I booked my test earlier. If not just keep practising the routes.

I’ve done and practice roundabouts, junctions, completed 3 of the 4 manoeuvres whilst practicing test routes and now do independent dual carriageway driving. Been told to go to two lessons per week to practice more and have a test booked think it would be a risk to aim to do a test end of the year but January/February seems realistic and is my goal sadly I’m yet to find any tests, though I’ll purchase the app and regularly keep checking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending