The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Accommodation

If I apply for BCU through clearing, what are the chances of getting decent accommodation? I am interested in University Locks by the canal as it is supposed to be very new. How do I apply - I am guessing I need to get an offer through clearing on results day first then how do I apply for the accommodation - do I email you? I have tried to ring today but phone rings out so assuming accommodation not manned in holidays. Will there be someone manning phones after results day? My firm and provisional choice are Oxford Brookes but I am seriously thinking of changing to BCU for Business Management so it will all be last minute application on results day. Let me know the process here. Many Thanks LD
Original post by Anonymous
If I apply for BCU through clearing, what are the chances of getting decent accommodation? I am interested in University Locks by the canal as it is supposed to be very new. How do I apply - I am guessing I need to get an offer through clearing on results day first then how do I apply for the accommodation - do I email you? I have tried to ring today but phone rings out so assuming accommodation not manned in holidays. Will there be someone manning phones after results day? My firm and provisional choice are Oxford Brookes but I am seriously thinking of changing to BCU for Business Management so it will all be last minute application on results day. Let me know the process here. Many Thanks LD

The BCU website says that for clearing applicants...
We are able to offer accommodation within the University portfolio so long as you have accepted a place on a course and have applied for accommodation by 16 September 2022.

It sounds like the particular accommodation you're describing will be a popular one, so I'd say it's quite unlikely that someone coming to BCU through clearing will get their ideal choice of accommodation.

Until you have a university ID number you won't be able to apply for accommodation, so you would need to apply for accommodation on the afternoon of results day to have your best chance at success at BCU.
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Quick Reply