The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Questions about accomodation via clearing

I have a place at the University of Bristol for 22/23, but I missed my window to accept an accomodation offer due to illness.

Will I be able to seek accomodation via clearing despite not seeking a course via clearing? I'm unsure as to how the whole process works, I've not had much support on the matter.
When you say, "I have a place", that sounds like it's an unconditional offer which you've accepted. Is that right? So it's not dependent on exam results?

What has the accommodation office said about your situation? Or are they who you're referring to when you say "I've not had much support on the matter"?

As you're no doubt aware, Bristol is not able to offer accomodation to all incoming students. You would fall into the "non-guaranteed" group, given that you missed the deadline. A second round of applications will open on 19th August. This is targeted at new undergraduate students who had Bristol as their insurance choice or who obtain their place via Clearing.

It seems reasonable to assume that you would be able to apply from this date. However, only the accommodation office can tell you for sure.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Hi there, yes it is an unconditional offer, from a deferred application.I'll ask the accomodation office, thank you. I wanted to know if anyone had experienced a similar thing and if there are any administrative barriers that you know of that might stop me from applying for non guaranteed accomodation via clearing.
Hey I experienced the same thing. I am an international student and missed my first offer of accomodation. The night of I emailed the office apologizing and requesting for a new deadline of the same offer. They had emailed me in the middle of the night, because of the time difference, where I hadnt seen the email. They said that they made a new offer that i would have to respond to in 6 hours. I missed the offer again because of the time differences. I called them up and said there was nothing i could do about it and that i would have to apply in the second round but would have no priority. Since im an international student it was rlly important for my offer to be same-sex and nonalcholic so im not sure what to do. Private accoms r also crrrazy expensive.

Quick Reply

Latest