The Student Room Group

Rejected from a Job...Is this reasonable?

So I applied for a art&design job, I had two interviews and I felt like I performed well in both of them. I felt, I gave really strong answers in line to the job & job description and felt I had a good conversation with the project manager too.

I got rejected from the creative job because I didn’t have experience in
healthcare. The job description *never* required to have any experience in healthcare or in the medical field, just to have good design skills.

The reply email said I had good design skills too.

My old job was in healthcare I designed wall art in departments of hospitals, isn’t that good enough...yet I still got rejected.

I normally deal well with rejection in jobs, but I’m not really happy with this response I got.

Is this a reasonable excuse to be rejected from a job?
(edited 1 year ago)
It sounds like what they meant to say was the someone else appeared to outperform you in terms of healthcare experience. Maybe you weren't making yourself clear, or maybe you did and another candidate was just better. It's a tough slog job searching, interviewing and rejection, but keep going on, you've got this!
Original post by nousernameplease
It sounds like what they meant to say was the someone else appeared to outperform you in terms of healthcare experience. Maybe you weren't making yourself clear, or maybe you did and another candidate was just better. It's a tough slog job searching, interviewing and rejection, but keep going on, you've got this!

I was able to make myself clear in the knowledge I knew around healthcare, thanks anyway
Just because you gave strong answers doesn't mean other candidates didn't give even better and stronger ones than you. Maybe someone had design skills as well as extensive experience in healthcare and so they picked that person over you.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending