Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hey,

I tried asking this in other thread, only giving details about the actual situation, and the thread never picked up, so here it goes, as a general concept (kinda):

Say a boy and a girl have a rather special emotional connection. They try going out on a date, which goes fine. Then there's a bit of a misunderstanding and the thing never picks up fully. The boy and the girl like each other, but the girl has some self-confidence issues because she really liked the boy and felt rejected after the date. Can time heal that? Can the flame that existed before be reignited later, if the boy and the girl have a good (and slightly charged) friendship?

ReputationRep:
    Course time can heal it.
    Ask the girl back out on a date, tell her you know things didn't pick up last time but you feel it's a more appropriate time for your relationship and your ready to take things further (and be together possbily), that you wanna spend time with her and see how another date would go if she'd like that.

Time can heal lots of things, but not if you don't do anything about it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    Course time can heal it.
    Ask the girl back out on a date, tell her you know things didn't pick up last time but you feel it's a more appropriate time for your relationship and your ready to take things further (and be together possbily), that you wanna spend time with her and see how another date would go if she'd like that.

Time can heal lots of things, but not if you don't do anything about it!
    It's not that simple. We have an amazingly close relationship. She described what we have as a relationship with no physical side to it. I've told her all of that, but I think nothing can happen in the short-term, because this whole drama took a toll on our studies and also because she still needs to see the extent to which I like her (she keeps saying she thinks I would one day eventually lose interest in her ).

ReputationRep:
    lol unanon much? As for my opinion, I think time can heal things, I suppose you need to make sure she still knows you like her and stuff, and see how things go?

Yes for sure it can be reignited....you know I'm on the recieving end of this. I went on a date with a guy and after it kind of fizzled out he was still caught up over his ex cos he had recently split with her.
    I felt so rejected!! but the time we spent together was so special, felt really different.
    Now 2 months down the line we started speaking again, he asked me out again but I declined at first being a bit cautious but I still felt something for him ...so I told him I was up for it after.. we're meeting next weekend (hopefully)

It can happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foundintransmission)
    lol unanon much? As for my opinion, I think time can heal things, I suppose you need to make sure she still knows you like her and stuff, and see how things go?
    Damn it :shifty:
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    All I can say is if you like her that much prove her wrong and she will either take you up on the offer or not, you just have to see...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Svefngenglar)
    Damn it :shifty:
    LOL
    lol ohhh well, no worries, it's not like it matters if the world knows

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.