The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Profesh
Does Eric Qin have the ability to host this thread on TSR?

Due to a logic crisis, fewer and fewer posters will concur with Eric Qin's point of view. That indicates a big knowledge loophole for Eric. TSR is now in danger.

Everybody feels apprehensive as to the next thread hosted by Eric Qin. CHANGE, WE NEED is to alternate posting rights in another country (specifically, mainland China).

No democracy in a normal UK forum, the different opinions are banned in a UK forum. A single person reflects that country. Can't help thinking what UK is?
The intension of anti-Democracy from UK, the world is now in danger.
Olympics?
Reply 62
The UK olympics will suck so hard that a black hole will be formed in the centre of the stadium.
Reply 63
Profesh
Does Eric Qin have the ability to host this thread on TSR?

Due to a logic crisis, fewer and fewer posters will concur with Eric Qin's point of view. That indicates a big knowledge loophole for Eric. TSR is now in danger.

Everybody feels apprehensive as to the next thread hosted by Eric Qin. CHANGE, WE NEED is to alternate posting rights in another country (specifically, mainland China).

:rofl:
Reply 64
Eric Qin
No democracy in a normal UK forum, the different opinions are banned in a UK forum. A single person reflects that country. Can't help thinking what UK is?
The intension of anti-Democracy from UK, the world is now in danger.

your english is really bad and no i dont think british olympic will be a failure.
china,worked really hard on it blew up millions of money yet it lacked the most important thing,THE OLYMPIC SPIRIT.
lol Eric Qin sounds like he is on drugs or smth
Reply 66
No, your country is lacking in democracy, this forum showed and proved that, some guys told me you can kick your gov, but the different opinions can not be stand or seriously treated just in one normal forum, how comes so called democracy overall your country?
So i defined it as british mode parliamentarism n no education, no democracy in UK, UK is now lacking in education./QUOTE]

Sorry I don't understand this, can you please write in proper english please?
Reply 67
No democracy in a normal UK forum, the different opinions are banned in a UK forum.

Theres a difference between freedom of expression and democracy. Pick up a simple politics textbook and learn or go to Hong Kong.
Reply 68
Absurd
Surely the sponsors have already been organised? :curious:

Yes. The sponser is Lloyd's TSB. OP is an idiot :smile:
Reply 69
Oh look at the insecure little boy who keeps putting down the UK so his nationalist brain can feel better.

You have no idea what "democracy" means. Learn to use a ******* dictionary. "What the real democracy is, is not critising without facts and data" - then why don't you ******* back up your argument then? You have based your whole argument on the fact that you THINK the UK is not as capable of organising the games. What a stupid hypocrite.

At least we are not shameful cheats and will not have the whole world spitting on our medals and achievements.

Edit: oh and before you jump down my throat about not giving evidence for the Chinese being sneaky cheats, I would, but as you know your government panicked and deleted all the evidence, so there.
now lets not go around calling each other bad things aye?

I dont know how the thead went from London 2012 to democracy in the UK or china. If Mr Qin and miss vincente wants to question the state of democracy in the UK, they should make another thread on that.

Back to the topic, how does one define whether an sports event is a success or failure? If we cannot agree upon a set criteria, this discussion is not going anywhere. And I doubt such a criteria can be achieved since the fundamental paradigms about what "success" means for a country are quite different between the chinese and British. The beijing olympics had a heavy focus on building big things that would somehow personify how significant the Chinese position in the region (or the world) has become under the leadership of the CCP and the hard working chinese people. If you think that was the purpose, I think most people (not only the chinese) would agree it was a success.

The world (read britains diplomatic and busniess partners) already know that we represent a knowledge society that can design and build innovative buildings (I remind Mr Qin that many of the architectual marvels in Beijing was desiged by British architects). Britains purpose is to promote its culture of tolerance and image to the world as this is what we feel the world needs to know more about, and would maximse the return on the investment in arranging the games. Hence the success of London 2012 will be measured in the innovations that signify what our knowledge society, culture and talent can create that cannot simply be brought by money. I am fully confident that we can succeed, since these things that has powered Britain for the last 200 years dont disappear during a recession.

But for the audience that inherits another cultural paradigm where industrialisation is still progressing and the success of a country is measured by the size of its bulildings or the amount of factory chimneys, our Olympic arrangements will be less "successful". But since any useful evaluation would need to originate from the host nations perspective, I urge Mr Qin the Troll to try to look at things from the perspectives of another nation in his endeavour to learn foreign languages.
Reply 71
Chemistry olympiad?
Reply 72
Lucy Pevensie
The world (read britains diplomatic and busniess partners) already know that we represent a knowledge society that can design and build innovative buildings (I remind Mr Qin that many of the architectual marvels in Beijing was desiged by British architects).

I can't say I've noticed. To me, British architecture has been the same old **** recycled since the early 90s. Better than the 60s and 70s, but still architecturally wanting.
L i b
I can't say I've noticed. To me, British architecture has been the same old **** recycled since the early 90s. Better than the 60s and 70s, but still architecturally wanting.

I guess you dont wanna work in IB, sitting in the Gerkin, walking the Millenium bridge or work where your (very non Labour) comrade Boris is working now?:rolleyes: Or is it just me who lives in a 200 year old house in the middle of nowhere on the north sea coast that still think they are cool?:p:
Reply 74
i thought beijing were hosting them

:awesome:
Reply 75
Couldn't give a toss about the Olympics tbh. Let it crash and burn.
Reply 76
Guys leave him alone. Hes just annoyed that he didnt get into a British University and so is now trying to convince himself that Britain is **** to make himself feel better.
Unfortunetly that is never going to happen and one day he will come to realise this.
On that day he will cry. And we shall laugh.
Higgy90
Guys leave him alone. Hes just annoyed that he didnt get into a British University and so is now trying to convince himself that Britain is **** to make himself feel better.
Unfortunetly that is never going to happen and one day he will come to realise this.
On that day he will cry. And we shall laugh.

I suppose you saw his degree in his profile:wink:
Reply 78
Lucy Pevensie
I guess you dont wanna work in IB, sitting in the Gerkin, walking the Millenium bridge or work where your (very non Labour) comrade Boris is working now?:rolleyes: Or is it just me who lives in a 200 year old house in the middle of nowhere on the north sea coast that still think they are cool?:p:

Nope, sorry. Whilst the likes of the Millennium Bridge are perfectly functional and, to some level, aesthetic and at least relatively inoffensive, I doubt anyone would gaze on them with the same sense of beauty as they may feel in the structure of the Palace of Westminster, a mediaeval cathedral, some Baroque masterpiece or even a refined Georgian street.

Would you choose the modern London City Hall over the old County Hall, for example? Or even the Middlesex County Guildhall? As local government buildings in London go, it's a bit on the pish side. How about Millennium Bridge v. Tower Bridge?
L i b
Nope, sorry. Whilst the likes of the Millennium Bridge are perfectly functional and, to some level, aesthetic and at least relatively inoffensive, I doubt anyone would gaze on them with the same sense of beauty as they may feel in the structure of the Palace of Westminster, a mediaeval cathedral, some Baroque masterpiece or even a refined Georgian street.

Would you choose the modern London City Hall over the old County Hall, for example? Or even the Middlesex County Guildhall? As local government buildings in London go, it's a bit on the pish side. How about Millennium Bridge v. Tower Bridge?

Depends. I like variation and signs of progress. But perhaps thats just me that are too used to see old village buildings.:biggrin: Let me guess, you live in London and is a experienced urban dweller?:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending