The Student Room Group

Which uni for pharmacy?

Hello! I am a rising senior in high school and I am planning to apply to pharmacy schools. I was just wondering which universities I should apply to. Are there any recommendations?
Original post by syook0728
Hello! I am a rising senior in high school and I am planning to apply to pharmacy schools. I was just wondering which universities I should apply to. Are there any recommendations?

Hi @syook0728

Finding the right university for you is a very important thing and it's so important to look at all your options!
Have you been to any open days or checked out the different university websites and their requirements to study pharmacy?
Also look at what modules are taught at each university for the course, which one sounds the most interesting to you?

I am currently in my third year at the University of Huddersfield. I chose to study at Huddersfield due to its gold rated TEF award. I found it imperative that I was taught by a high standard and Huddersfield's gold rated TEF award reflects this.
When I visited Huddersfield I absolutely loved the campus, I found it very modern and a suitable size. The building facilities are brilliant, for example, in the library we have access to many resources such as textbooks and iMacs which helps with essay writing and definitely enhances our learning. When I attended the open day the pharmacy staff were extremely welcoming and I instantly felt like I was already a part of the University, this drew me to Huddersfield and formed the basis of my choice.

At Huddersfield, you will be able to combine the theory of science with developing and applying practical and professional skills. You will learn about all the different types of drugs and medications which patients take and the clinical knowledge surrounding this.
You will take part in dispensing sessions which mirrors the role of a pharmacist and also have tutorials which discuss effective patient communication. You will also have the opportunity to take part in lab classes where you can make different formulations such as creams, pastes and syrup!

You may want to visit https://courses.hud.ac.uk/full-time/undergraduate/pharmacy-mpharm for more information :smile:

I hope this helps!
Aaliya ~ 3rd year pharmacy student ~ University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest