Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it true that if you get a E in your EE you fail the all diploma !!??

ReputationRep:
    I think it has to be both EE and TOK D or below.

ReputationRep:
    Its true. But its also true that its basically impossible to get a D in EE if you put some effort into it. It really only happens if you dont hand it in at all.

ReputationRep:
    If you get an E in your tok essay and in your EE then you will fail your diploma yes. however you'll still get the certificates for your subjects if you have passed them. its highly doubtful you'll get an EE in both unless you do no work.

ReputationRep:
    For examinations until 2009, if you get either an E in EE or in TOK but a D or above in another, you still get a diploma (well, if your final grade is over 24 points of course.)

However for examinations starting from 2010, they changed some criterias. If you get an E in either TOK or EE and get 28 points or lower w/o bonus points, you will fail to get a diploma.

ReputationRep:
    Thats a stupid rule!

its really difficult to get an E in you EE though. unless you do very little.

why have they upped the boundaries to 28?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 22KT22)
    Thats a stupid rule!

its really difficult to get an E in you EE though. unless you do very little.

why have they upped the boundaries to 28?
    You will get a diploma, if your other TOK/EE component is D or above. If you get A in the other component you will gain 1 bonus point.

Well this is to ensure students to actually put more effort in doing these two components.

ReputationRep:
    Ok let me explain the situation ! In TOK I probably will get an B ( a C for sure ), but I am scared about my EE ? Maybe i will get a E in my EE !! So E + B = fail or pass

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LorenzoHenrique)
    So E + B = fail or pass
    If you get 28 or more points you pass. If you get less than 28 points you fail.

ReputationRep:
    Are you serious ? Is this information reliable ?! I want to cry of happynes... 28 yeah no problem..... But I have to make sure that is true lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CATIII)
    If you get 28 or more points you pass. If you get less than 28 points you fail.
    This only applies from 2010 May exams onwards.
    For 2009 exams, you still get a diploma if you get an E and B in TOK/EE, if you get over 24 points overall.

ReputationRep:
    i think this sums it up most clearly
    http://home.comcast.net/~cphenlymbk2...ing_Matrix.pdf
    even if you got 0 points according to this grid its not a failing condition.

ReputationRep:
    The 28 points thing doesn't make sense though..technically a 4 is a pass in any subject, if you get all 4s it's 24 points...Oh well, they're the ib, there's no rationale behind whatthey do - -. But you need Es in BOTH EE and TOK to fail it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by talespirit)
    The 28 points thing doesn't make sense though..technically a 4 is a pass in any subject, if you get all 4s it's 24 points...Oh well, they're the ib, there's no rationale behind whatthey do - -. But you need Es in BOTH EE and TOK to fail it.
    3 was considered a pass last time i checked it

ReputationRep:
    Ok... what about if you hand in both... but for your Extended Essay you just hand in a Title Page... technically you handed it in... you will get an E on it right?

Then if your ToK is an A B C or D, you'll get either 1, 0, 0, or 0 points... which isn't a diploma fail.

Would this work around work if someone were to do it?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.