The Student Room Group

Advice needed

Hi

I got two offers from Aberdeen Uni and one from Dundee, all unconditional, and decided to accept Dundee. In the last few days a few circumstances have changed and I’d like to go to Aberdeen (where I live). I’m currently intending to self-release myself into clearing at 9am, I got very strong grades and the courses I was initially offered by Aberdeen are available for clearing. Its not impossible for me to still go to Dundee but Aberdeen is much better for me atm, just wanted advice on the likely odds of success through clearing. I have two advanced Higher A’s, six Higher A’s. Took a year out 2021-22.
Original post by andrewelectra
Hi

I got two offers from Aberdeen Uni and one from Dundee, all unconditional, and decided to accept Dundee. In the last few days a few circumstances have changed and I’d like to go to Aberdeen (where I live). I’m currently intending to self-release myself into clearing at 9am, I got very strong grades and the courses I was initially offered by Aberdeen are available for clearing. Its not impossible for me to still go to Dundee but Aberdeen is much better for me atm, just wanted advice on the likely odds of success through clearing. I have two advanced Higher A’s, six Higher A’s. Took a year out 2021-22.

You should contact Aberdeen to ask whether they can reinstate your offer. If they say yes, then you ask Dundee to release you. You should also contact UCAS if you have technical issues. Good luck
Original post by Wired_1800
You should contact Aberdeen to ask whether they can reinstate your offer. If they say yes, then you ask Dundee to release you. You should also contact UCAS if you have technical issues. Good luck

Thanks. I’ll phone at 9am. Sorry to be annoying but should I still go through the clearing lines?
(edited 1 year ago)
As above - phone Aberdeen before you do anything else,
State clearly that you are were made a previous offer there and are not just 'phoning up about Clearing'.
Thanks. I’ll phone at 9am. Sorry to be annoying but should I still go through the clearing lines?
Yes use the clearing lines, phone up before you "decline my place" would be my advice. That way you keep hold of Dundee until you're sure Aberdeen will take you. :smile:

Ring the admissions team for your course rather than the clearing line. Hopefully, it gets sorted. If not, you can then go through the clearing line.
Managed to get my place from Aberdeen l, thanks for all the advice guys :smile:
Managed to get my place from Aberdeen l, thanks for all the advice guys :smile:

:clap2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending