The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

uni transfer?

This is quite a specific question, but has anyone ever transferred from sheffield to soas? In particular from studying Korean? Interested in anyones experiences with these universities
@umbrellala might know?

I imagine transferring as in going from year 1 Sheffield to year 2 SOAS would be hard, for any degree, simply because the courses will probably not match up exactly. You may well need to reapply for first year entry.

There's no guarantee you can transfer, essentially. Only that you could reapply for first year (which I imagine would be quite straightforward if you did well in first year of Korean at Sheffield).
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Original post by Anonymous
This is quite a specific question, but has anyone ever transferred from sheffield to soas? In particular from studying Korean? Interested in anyones experiences with these universities

Being at SOAS you do hear the occasional tale of people transferring but I've never actually met anyone who's done that. I'm sure it's possible, they will probably make you take a placement test to assess whether you're on par with current students in your year and there might be a bit of a learning curve due to the different curricula/teaching style. I'd recommend you email SOAS admissions to ask whether it's possible, they will likely put you in contact with the Japan & Korea department so you can liaise with them. Then once you get confirmation of that you can speak to your tutors at Sheffield. If I had to take a guess, you may have to either repeat a year or catch up with all the compulsory modules in the other 2yrs leaving you with no open option modules (as there are a lot of compulsory modules within the BA Korean course) until the end of your degree
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending