The Student Room Group

I hate food and cooking

When I leave school and home I'm not cooking ever again it sucks and is to hard never want to eat again

Scroll to see replies

ok
The pubs serving meals, fast foods and restaurant industries will all love you.
Your lifestyle preferences keep them profitable and push their annual sales into the hundreds of millions. :cool:
what bits don't you like. maybe we can help find work arounds? :smile:
food is kinda essential and cooking if you can will save monies
Reply 4
Original post by Obolinda
what bits don't you like. maybe we can help find work arounds? :smile:
food is kinda essential and cooking if you can will save monies

Frying is hard, cutting is hard tried cutting an onion looked on YouTube still hard I'm just gonna buy a already made pizza and stick it in oven
Original post by Ayame13
Frying is hard, cutting is hard tried cutting an onion looked on YouTube still hard I'm just gonna buy a already made pizza and stick it in oven

frying is in no way essential to cooking. :no:
pre cut food exists! :biggrin: or perhaps getting special appliances that make cutting particular items really easy.

pizza :gah: you're using the oven, you're cooking! :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by Obolinda
frying is in no way essential to cooking. :no:
pre cut food exists! :biggrin: or perhaps getting special appliances that make cutting particular items really easy.

pizza :gah: you're using the oven, you're cooking! :biggrin:

That's like saying getting a microwave meal is cooking you're not you're warming premade food up
Original post by Ayame13

Chopping takes practice and a sharp knife but it gets easier the more you do.
It is much more expensive - and much less healthy - to live on ready made food.
Original post by Ayame13
That's like saying getting a microwave meal is cooking you're not you're warming premade food up

sorry. it wasn't meant to be a serious comment, hence the emoji at the end.

point being is if you can find a recipe that requires you to bung a few ingredients together and place it in the oven or perhaps a 1 pot recipe, it may be an option for you :smile:
Well, never wanting to eat again is at least a problem that will inevitably resolve itself.
Original post by Ayame13

It's all hard at first, just like anything a person tries for the first time. Speed will come - the more often you cook, the faster you'll get and the easier it'll be.
Original post by Ayame13
When I leave school and home I'm not cooking ever again it sucks and is to hard never want to eat again

Is boiling pasta also hard for u? That’s when u put the pasta in the water add some oil on the top to cook on a stove
Reply 12
Original post by LemonPepperTV
Is boiling pasta also hard for u? That’s when u put the pasta in the water add some oil on the top to cook on a stove

Wait u put oil on top? I've never seen that before my mum don't even so that haha
Original post by Ayame13
Wait u put oil on top? I've never seen that before my mum don't even so that haha

You do it if you want to annoy Italian people.

People say it's to prevent sticking or whatever but it's not necessary at all if you just stir it a little
Original post by Sinnoh
You do it if you want to annoy Italian people.

People say it's to prevent sticking or whatever but it's not necessary at all if you just stir it a little

Plus putting oil in makes the pan harder to wash up and you end up pouring oil down the drain when you drain the water (contributing to the build up of fatbergs in our sewers). Oil is not needed to cook pasta
Original post by ReadingMum
Plus putting oil in makes the pan harder to wash up and you end up pouring oil down the drain when you drain the water (contributing to the build up of fatbergs in our sewers). Oil is not needed to cook pasta

Ah never happened with me (oil making the pan harder to wash as I do not put a lot and it mixes with the hot water) personally I do not care about the “annoying Italians” thing that has been going around, once I put no oil as I forgot and the pasta started to stick to each other. I watched videos from YouTube and they all did the same thing so that’s how I learn’t. Everyone makes it differently I guess either way boiling pasta shouldn’t be too hard :smile:
Original post by londonmyst
The pubs serving meals, fast foods and restaurant industries will all love you.
Your lifestyle preferences keep them profitable and push their annual sales into the hundreds of millions. :cool:

Not to mention the drug companies!
Original post by Ayame13

Would you really be on a drip feed for the rest of your life, you can't be serious. That is a bit too hyped.
Did you know we need food to live? You sound like you need motivation.
For me
I really like corn
What do you like about corn?
Its corn!
A big lump with knobs
It has the juice (it has the juice)
I can't imagine a more beautiful thing (Woo)
It's corn!
I can tell you all about it
I mean look at this thing
When I tried it with butter, everything changed!
Well, the best thing about corn is the grease
The corn break can restore your energy
You really appreciate the hard work when you love something
If you or anyone loves corn
If you come to me, I can tell you all about it
If I was surrounded by corn
I would eat all of it, Grow big and strong
Look at this, take a lump with the knob
Spread butter on
Boil it and toast it with the grease
Butter spreads out the good taste
I just saw corn as disgusting
But everything changed
It's corn!
A big lump with knobs
It's corn!
I mean look at this thing
I hope you have a corntastic day (A corntastic day?)
What? It's just a pun about corn, okay? (Woo)
It's corn!
When it's like negative in the world
Take the corn break! (Corn break)
Take the corn break! (Corn Dance!)
(Mm. Corn.)
Ippety, bibbly, diddly-bop
Corn dance (Mm)
Anything else you wanna say about corn before we go?
Yeah
What?
It's corn!
A big lump with knobs
It's corn!
I mean, look at this thing
It's corn!
A big lump with knobs
It's corn!
I mean, look at this thing
It's corn!
Reply 19
(Original post by Kallisto)Would you really be on a drip feed for the rest of your life, you can't be serious. That is a bit too hyped.

Sounds daft, but some of us would choose this. I have struggled with food aversion my entire life and would choose this option if I could

Quick Reply