The Student Room Group

Are there any jobs in finance that have 9-5 hours?

Original post by Anonymous

from the research I've been doing most are but as with other jobs, there are longer days and weekend work during peak seasons. try have a look at the prospects website and see if there's anything that looks good to you
What sort of finance?

Have you looked at government jobs?
Finance is a pretty broad category and there are loads of roles that just work normal office hours.

I was with HSBC for over a decade and very rarely did anything past my allocated hours.

I'd suggest looking at roles relating to lending, risk, customer onboarding/analysis etc etc.
Yes - the vast majority in industry are 9-5. I’m a Group Accountant at a FTSE 100 company and work 8-4 every day apart from signing day which is usually a 3am finish but that’s once a year!!! Everyone at the company I work for works either 8-4, 9-5 or 10-6. It’s only the team I’m in that stops on signing day and that’s usually because the auditors are raising last minute nonsense.

Just avoid any job in practice because they’re absolutely not 9-5. I left practice for that exact reason because I was doing 60-70 hour weeks every week for 3 years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending