Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi im new to this, but im having a wee problem wih my ucas form. It turns out that my referee isnt happy with it, however this was told to me on the final date for applying. I then done it again but i included my a.s. results inside my personal statement instead of in my grades page. I still havent had the activation so i can change it AGAIN. So.. i'd like to know what the possibilities are of me getting to uni next year. cheers durhamlad :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the universities you applied to. Technically, universities don't have to consider your application if they receive it after the deadline. However, quite a few will. Which universities did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    You're very late for entry this year. Wasn't the deadline around the 15th?

ReputationRep:
    wat course was it for? many stil do consider u, because they have space in ucas extra, but it depends on ur course and university

ReputationRep:
    If you don't get offers and stuff, you could re-apply next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaz031)
    You're very late for entry this year. Wasn't the deadline around the 15th?
    That's the deadline for when unis have to look at the applications. They can refuse to, but as long as his course isn't too competitive, he'll get a look in...

ReputationRep:
    I think most uni's will accept it when the deadline is over. If they don't get offers, they have a chance through extra and/or clearing.

ReputationRep:
    im applying for business studies i dont really have a clue as to if its competitive or not. ive applied for northumbria, newcastle, sunderland, aston and edinburgh. thanks for the help guys

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle and Edinburgh might be competitive, while the other uni's are not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by durhamlad1)
    im applying for business studies i dont really have a clue as to if its competitive or not. ive applied for northumbria, newcastle, sunderland, aston and edinburgh. thanks for the help guys
    Why only five?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Why only five?
    six is not compulsory right?

they might consider ur application, but not have to.Usually Business is quite competitive, there r really lots of oversea applicants focus on the course (as i known). As above said, u could apply next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kerry41)
    six is not compulsory right?
    Right. But that doesn't answer my question :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Right. But that doesn't answer my question :rolleyes:
    i think for someone five univs r enough
    some of my friends just applied five and i was planning on that..but finally i placed loughborough as last choice anyway they rejected me :eek:

ReputationRep:
    forget it take a gap year and reapply. you wanna go to a top uni dont ya

ReputationRep:
    Aston uni may be competitive, not sure about the others.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.