Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I should stop this straightaway, right? Watch

I'm at uni and I've started really liking this girl in my halls. We get on really well and although we haven't really flirted or anything I do think she feels the same way towards me a bit.

She's got a boyfriend back home. Now as soon as I found that out the logical side of my brain was telling me to back off and stop these feelings but I really can't. It's a bit like a weird part of me couldn't care less that she's got a boyfriend and just wants things to progress. I know that sounds awful but that's how it is.:confused:

So, the question's in the title...I need to back off and ignore these feelings really, don't I? Any tips on how to do that...?

ReputationRep:
    if she has a bf and shes serious about him then i dont think you're in for a chance, dont completley ignore her, but just dont flirt as much and you have to try and control your feelings..

ReputationRep:
    It's not your job to protect her boyfriend or her morals. Go for it, just prepare to get hurt down the road.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Sorry mate, she's off limits, don't go there. Try and hang around with her less, and the feelings will eventually pass. You need time, lots of time to get over her :console:
    I'd agree with this post.

If she did ever do anything with you behind your bfs back then you know she's not faithful anyway, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm at uni and I've started really liking this girl in my halls. We get on really well and although we haven't really flirted or anything I do think she feels the same way towards me a bit.

She's got a boyfriend back home. Now as soon as I found that out the logical side of my brain was telling me to back off and stop these feelings but I really can't. It's a bit like a weird part of me couldn't care less that she's got a boyfriend and just wants things to progress. I know that sounds awful but that's how it is.:confused:

So, the question's in the title...I need to back off and ignore these feelings really, don't I? Any tips on how to do that...?
    Blah, different area codes. Girls have needs too you know, and if he ain't around, someone's got to hit that ****.

ReputationRep:
    i said 'call me when y'all break-up.'
    i don't funk nobody *****
    nd never owned a jacob.

ReputationRep:
    Ignore the stupid comments... she is a no go zone... you are right so far.. respect the relationship those two have.. do not interfeer.. if you do.. you are scum.. but I think you are sensible..

Imagine if you had a girlfriend.. and someone who knew you two were together tried to break you up.. you would not like this.. There are other opportunities out there.. you will find someone..

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you need to move on. Shes clearly taken, and from what you have said it doesnt even sound like she is flirting or giving you the impression that she likes you anyway.
    Its probably best to back off until shes single. As the cliche goes, 'there are plenty more fish in the sea!' I'm sure you can find someone equally as good who is single...

Thanks for the replies guys. I know what the answer is I just needed to hear it I guess. I'm not going to act cold towards her or stop talking to her or anything silly like that, I'll just try and keep it to a normal friendly thing and get the thoughts out of my head eventually.

ReputationRep:
    if she has a bf it's the perfect situation. u can just sleep with her a few times before the winter break and after you both will have forget it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.