The Student Room Group

Driving instructor told me to **** off

So my test is 2 weeks away so too late to change instructors, but my instructor has markers in his car for the bay parking and my reference was not on correctly. He has basically said in a calm tone, that " you keep saying your refrence was off, sorry but **** off because in your car you won't have the references" which to me even made no sense because he taught me the bay park based on the references.

What did he mean by that?
Reply 1
You visualise where the rear wheels are for a reverse bay park, and usually that is the bottom 90 degree corner of the rear passenger side window. So when you reverse the front driver side corner of the parked car already parked in the bay is lined up in that 90 degree corner you spin your wheel to turn the car on full lock until it is in the bay, then take the lock off.

Driving is all about reference points on the interior & exterior of the car so you can judge where the passenger side front wheels are, when to put steering on turning a corner or into a junction etc etc

Sometimes its helpful to put bits of tape in those reference point areas, but they are only a guide. You have to find the best reference for the car you are driving, but generally they will be in the same locations ie centre base of windscreen & rear N/S base corner of passenger side window.
He's likely telling you that if you cant park WITH the references you are prob ****ed without them, essentially by saying F off they are dismissing your excuse.
If i were u i would have broke his jaw
Original post by StriderHort
He's likely telling you that if you cant park WITH the references you are prob ****ed without them, essentially by saying F off they are dismissing your excuse.

Thanks for replying, but he's the one that has taught me using them, so he can say that without being a **** about it
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for replying, but he's the one that has taught me using them, so he can say that without being a **** about it

I'm not defending the language.. but if you've been taught using these reference markers, and you are STILL messing it up this close to test day, they kind have a point in challenging you, they are right in saying you will be out on your own with a new car with different reference points.

Honest Q, should you be parking better?
Original post by StriderHort
I'm not defending the language.. but if you've been taught using these reference markers, and you are STILL messing it up this close to test day, they kind have a point in challenging you, they are right in saying you will be out on your own with a new car with different reference points.

Honest Q, should you be parking better?

I sit quite close to the steering wheel so I can reach the break and accelerator, so i have to estimate around the markers and the boxes in the car parks are different sizes, some are larger and some are smaller. Some times I get it perfectly in and sometimes its just off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending