The Student Room Group

Uni girl trouble

Hey, anon or delete please, not sure if person in question uses TSR.

I was lucky enough to meet a really lovely girl (also a fresher) 2 weeks ago today in my local uni's club. We got on really well, and met up again the next tuesday and today again, although she invited me to her flat for her friend's party last week, but sadly i couldn't make it. We've kissed a couple of times (very good she is too) and sadly I'm a little inexperienced, but considering we did it a couple of times i'm hoping nothing disasterous happened.

Having said that her and one of my best mates had a chat, and me liking her was discussed. She then called me over and asked whether i liked her, and i honestly replied by saying yeah of course. She then said she wasn't looking for anything serious, just random fun and that i couldn't be her bf, was pretty gutted, especially as i have only been on a date once (which was astonishingly good, was with basically a dream girl, basically model-good, had significant trouble getting over her!!) Any advice? is it worth leaving for a couple of weeks and having another go? we've been texting each other quite a lot and i'm reluctant to just simply forget about her since i thought something might be there, and she is also very good looking. i don't know why but i am stupidly "gentlemanly", will always step back if someone else is interested in someone, and do all the "buy the girl a drink/hold doors open/keep them company if they are on their own" malarky - think this has lost me opportunities in the past, but thought she took to this attitude well.

sorry for long post, just looking for TSR thoughts. cheers as ever...
Reply 1
any advice people? or any comments?!
Reply 2
no one?? gutted, thought TSR community might've been a bit more responsive :frown:
Reply 3
Alot of threads get made, so don't worry bout it too much mate, just quite hard to get through them.

Hey, no worries mate, plenty of other girls around. Sounds like she's a bit of a user. I suppose you could try, but i'd advise against it, she's said how she feels, probably best to just move on.
And also, don't give up on the gentlemen stuff, its gd to see others still do it, regardless of what ppl say, the ladies like it :wink:
Reply 4
you shouldn't take it personally mate. some girls just aren't interested in relationships...
Well, as you know you can't force her to feel that she wants you to be her boyfriend because of a little thing called freewill :p:

But what you can do, is not be too pushy about it...allow her to have some time to think, some space to yourself is what you need sometimes to realise what you truly want. During this period you can still be friendly but not overbearing. Then you could ask again, although dont make it really really soon- you dont want to come accross overly strong.

If when you ask her again, no is no Id move on. In fairness to her, she is being decent by saying that shes not looking for a relationship. Just see how things go and gauge the situation.
Best thing to do is probably move on tbh :smile:
Reply 7
yeah, i agree
Reply 8
I'm not sure if I'm interpreting this incorrectly, but to me it sounds like carte blanche no-strings-attached shagging. No?

All is not lost.
Reply 9
Very close to how i interpreted it last night Mr. Lib; only my fractions of sense after having 3 trip vodka-vimtos and 3 vk blues did i stop myself stepping in for a proper snog in one of the booths. She seemed really apologetic.
Having said that the moving on advice makes sense, there's loads of people around. Just annoying when you find someone who your best friends (both m + f) say yeah she likes you, and you realise you like her. gahh. Thanks for replies tho, my faith in TSR is being restored :smile:
Reply 10
Do not fear.. Guru Sauce is here!

I think it is up to you to think about what you want.. If you want a relationship.. then move on.. However.. if not.. maybe you think anything is better than nothing with her...? Who knows.. maybe she will change her mind in the future.. I would not put money on it.. so if you think you can have fun without being attachted.. then all is good.. otherwise look somewhere else.. You sound like really nice guy.. I think it would not take you long..

Good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending