The Student Room Group

which scottish uni for chem eng?

i just got my scottish higher results and they're AAABB with Maths and Physics at A and Chemistry at B. I'm most likely international so I'll be applying to the BEng courses first to reduce costs. I'm interested in Edinburgh and Strathclyde and wouldn't mind living in edinburgh or glasgow. For Edinburgh I am easily above the requirement but for Strathclyde I *just meet* the standard requirements (exactly what they're asking for) but eligible for minimum entry requirement. Which uni should i pick if i want to make sure that I get in but is also beneficial in terms of job prospects, student life, etc
Original post by Rottero_A21
i just got my scottish higher results and they're AAABB with Maths and Physics at A and Chemistry at B. I'm most likely international so I'll be applying to the BEng courses first to reduce costs. I'm interested in Edinburgh and Strathclyde and wouldn't mind living in edinburgh or glasgow. For Edinburgh I am easily above the requirement but for Strathclyde I *just meet* the standard requirements (exactly what they're asking for) but eligible for minimum entry requirement. Which uni should i pick if i want to make sure that I get in but is also beneficial in terms of job prospects, student life, etc

Hey @Rottero_A21 :biggrin: Congrats on your S5 grades! What a brill achievement :smile: Pleased to hear you're interested in studying with us too, and happy to chat to you about anything to do with Strathclyde if you'd like!

I'd definitely encourage you to visit Open Days if you can. We have two coming up on the 6th September and the 8th October and you'll be able to check if Edinburgh have any coming up on their website. Open Days are a great chance to get to know a campus and a University, take some mini lectures and meet staff and students from the department. You can ask all your questions about entry requirements, student life, what jobs graduates go in to and gather tons of information. If you're not too familiar with Glasgow (or Edinburgh) already then it's also such a good chance to get to know the city and imagine yourself as a student there.

If you're eligible to be considered under our widening access criteria then our minimum entry requirements for the BEng Chemical Engineering are ABBB or BBBBB (Maths, Chemistry and Physics). You're exceeding those from S5 so that's great. We'd encourage you to keep building on that knowledge in S6 in preparation for uni :five:

Where would you be joining us from? And which subjects are you planning on going with in S6?

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Original post by University of Strathclyde
Hey @Rottero_A21 :biggrin: Congrats on your S5 grades! What a brill achievement :smile: Pleased to hear you're interested in studying with us too, and happy to chat to you about anything to do with Strathclyde if you'd like!

I'd definitely encourage you to visit Open Days if you can. We have two coming up on the 6th September and the 8th October and you'll be able to check if Edinburgh have any coming up on their website. Open Days are a great chance to get to know a campus and a University, take some mini lectures and meet staff and students from the department. You can ask all your questions about entry requirements, student life, what jobs graduates go in to and gather tons of information. If you're not too familiar with Glasgow (or Edinburgh) already then it's also such a good chance to get to know the city and imagine yourself as a student there.

If you're eligible to be considered under our widening access criteria then our minimum entry requirements for the BEng Chemical Engineering are ABBB or BBBBB (Maths, Chemistry and Physics). You're exceeding those from S5 so that's great. We'd encourage you to keep building on that knowledge in S6 in preparation for uni :five:

Where would you be joining us from? And which subjects are you planning on going with in S6?

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Thank you so much for the open day suggestion! I'm from Aberdeen and doing AH Maths, AH Bio, AH Chem

Quick Reply

Latest