why is it ok for girls to be tomboys... Watch

This discussion is closed.
horrorboy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
but not for guys to be feminine without being called gay :confused:
Tomboys are never called gay yet us guys have to stick with our stereotyped gender.

not that im bothered but it kinda annoys me
Johnny 5
Badges: 11
Report 14 years ago
It's not okay for girls to be tomboys.
dogtanian
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well, effeminate blokes usually follow the gay stereotypes.

Tomboyish girls don't necessarily follow lesbian stereotypes...
saiyamanadingdongbanana
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Hayley...)
Well, effeminate blokes usually follow the gay stereotypes.

Tomboyish girls don't necessarily follow lesbian stereotypes...

Yea, thats sounds true.
quadrocat
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think it's perfectly alright for men to be feminine. It's quite sexy actually. I'm sure other girls feel the same...
horrorboy
Rep:
?
(Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
It's not okay for girls to be tomboys.
it is! some guys find it sexy, look at Avril lavigne but yet Beckham can't dye his nails pink! no jk hes a ponce anyway
platinumki
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
all depends on how you define tomboyishness or lesbian stereotypes

I suppose I am a tomboy but mainly I'm just pigheaded as if I am accused of lesbian (which is always used as a random insult in my area ike B*****d or B***h) I am more wont to turn around and french the nearest girl rather than deny it. I actually am straight but I am a) unabled to reaffirm my sexuality without seemingly insulting homosexuals and b) secure enough in my own sexuality to not worry about it and quite enjoy the look on their faces.

"You're gay!"

"Yes"

Takes the wind out of their sails, no?
horrorboy
Rep:
?
(Original post by platinumki)
all depends on how you define tomboyishness or lesbian stereotypes

I suppose I am a tomboy but mainly I'm just pigheaded as if I am accused of lesbian (which is always used as a random insult in my area ike B*****d or B***h) I am more wont to turn around and french the nearest girl rather than deny it. I actually am straight but I am a) unabled to reaffirm my sexuality without seemingly insulting homosexuals and b) secure enough in my own sexuality to not worry about it and quite enjoy the look on their faces.

"You're gay!"

"Yes"

Takes the wind out of their sails, no?
oooh all this time i thought you were a bloke sorry .. well uve just explained why
residentangel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
well guys displaying feminine traits like being sensitive and listening to what you have to say is great. Shame there are so few like that.
Mad Vlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It sucks... I hate being all "manly" it just doesn't agree with me. :cool:
Butterfly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It is not okay for girls to be tomboys :p:
quadrocat
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Butterfly)
Why on earth not?
Mad Vlad
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Butterfly)
No you see I think it is... if they look good with it, why not.
IHavePMS
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's not what you have to do, it's what you ought to do, and that differs with the person. Ignore what other people think about you, as long as you're not interfering with anyone. Easier said than done, yes, but constant paranoia as to what others will say if you do this or say that makes you look insecure and that's even less attractive than pink nail varnish. On anyone.
riotgrrrl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by quadrocat)
Why on earth not?
Then u get hurled abuse of 'your a man' or ur gay and whn you were make-up everyone says wannabe
quadrocat
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by historyhoney)
Then u get hurled abuse of 'your a man' or ur gay and whn you were make-up everyone says wannabe
Yes but people who do that are morons. One thing I've learned is that some people are so stupid you can't win with them. So the best plan is to not care what anyone thinks about you.
Mad Vlad
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think it's perfectly alright for men to be feminine. It's quite sexy actually. I'm sure other girls feel the same...
You see I am very feminine in this way... but i also blur the boundaries of clothing as well... I don't go as far as skirts and stuff but I wear a lot of things that are stereotypically feminine. I feel comfortable with it. I don't go as far as makeup though. Not really much point.
quadrocat
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mad Vlad)
You see I am very feminine in this way... but i also blur the boundaries of clothing as well... I don't go as far as skirts and stuff but I wear a lot of things that are stereotypically feminine. I feel comfortable with it. I don't go as far as makeup though. Not really much point.
Wow, do you wear blousy shirts/pink then? I love that whole dandyish 60s rockstar look on men. It's soooo sexy.

I don't mind masculine men, but they have to be intelligent as well. Gender stereotypes are boring.
pissface
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Guys with a feminine side are great. They no just what colours match, wear nice clothes, and just generally know what girls like. Even gay guys are fun to hang out with!
Mad Vlad
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Wow, do you wear blousy shirts/pink then? I love that whole dandyish 60s rockstar look on men. It's soooo sexy.

I don't mind masculine men, but they have to be intelligent as well. Gender stereotypes are boring.
Black mainly... though I do like pink. Not really into 60s stuff though sorry...

Well I'm fairly intelligent and also nice and fluffy like girls at the same time hehe. Gender stereotypes are boring yes. Thats why I like to blur the line a bit.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (138)
17.72%
It's just nice to be back! (210)
26.96%
Not great so far... (280)
35.94%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.38%

Watched Threads