why is it ok for girls to be tomboys... Watch

This discussion is closed.
quadrocat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mad Vlad)
Black mainly... though I do like pink. Not really into 60s stuff though sorry...

Well I'm fairly intelligent and also nice and fluffy like girls at the same time hehe. Gender stereotypes are boring yes. Thats why I like to blur the line a bit.

I think I'm in love...lol
platinumki
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by horrorboy)
oooh all this time i thought you were a bloke sorry .. well uve just explained why
*snigger*

I'd make a good boy... And it would make things easier when throwing sheep around etc in later life
Mad Vlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by quadrocat)
I think I'm in love...lol
Wow... first I don't get shot down yesterday for making a compliment and now someone declaring their love for my femininity... things might be looking up! :cool:
Zarathustra
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
but not for guys to be feminine without being called gay :confused:
Tomboys are never called gay yet us guys have to stick with our stereotyped gender.
Tomboys, if they're the obvious type, are called gay (or, more specifically, they're called "butch dykes")...how has this managed to escape your notice?!
:confused:

ZarathustraX
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I lovvvve guys who are feminine,like the ones who wear eyeliner and wear pink Converse,and sometimes wear pink! Lipstick on a guy is sometimes hot too. Anyway...replying to the topic at hand,I think it's more okay in society for a girl to be a tomboy, than a guy to be feminine because guys are supposed to uphold this "masculine" outlook and show that they are strong,and I guess people find that wrong(mainly other guys),and not the proper look of a man;when they are all made up and in American terms,"Emo."
galadriel100
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think it is ok for girls to be tomboys. I think people pay too much attention to what others think of them.
And I think it is ok for guys not to follow the 'manly' image. Some guys that are 'manly' are thick as. I read an article in the paper that said it is cool to be 'square' and that not all girls are interested in 'manly' guys, rather sweet nice ones.
PublicSchoolAnn
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I dont know maybe because being a tom boy is something girls grow out of. And tom boys tend to be pretty cool and able to get on with the guys as friends. But not so manly guys well they just mince around with girls i guess.
Belle Noire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I happen to have a thing for metrosexuals... :rolleyes:
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
but not for guys to be feminine without being called gay :confused:
Tomboys are never called gay yet us guys have to stick with our stereotyped gender.

not that im bothered but it kinda annoys me
they're called lesbo's
katiesado
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
guys can be feminine but it depends on which feminine characteristics he takes on. the ability to dress well, a sincere interest in their hygeine and appearance, a degree of sensitivity and romanticism, an understanding of design/art/literature, the ability to cook etc are all very appealing to a girl. what a girl ultimately wants is a guy who is satisfied and confident with himself and if he's trying to be more macho than he is that's a turn off.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (10)
6.33%
They might tell the bully (17)
10.76%
I don't think they'd understand (28)
17.72%
It might lead to more bullying (60)
37.97%
There's nothing they could do (43)
27.22%

Watched Threads