The Student Room Group

How to delete posts?

Hi! I’m planning on deleting my account but it doesn’t delete your posts/threads too?! Is there a way I can delete all my previous posts?
Original post by Unistudent2022
Hi! I’m planning on deleting my account but it doesn’t delete your posts/threads too?! Is there a way I can delete all my previous posts?

Not automatically, or en masse. You've only made 33 posts, so it shouldn't be too time-consuming to edit each of them to just the word "deleted", or similar. Note, however, that if someone has quoted you in their posts, then that won't be impacted by this and the quote will remain.

Just out of interest: why bother to delete the posts? It's not like your user name identifies the "real" you in any way.
Original post by DataVenia
Not automatically, or en masse. You've only made 33 posts, so it shouldn't be too time-consuming to edit each of them to just the word "deleted", or similar. Note, however, that if someone has quoted you in their posts, then that won't be impacted by this and the quote will remain.

Just out of interest: why bother to delete the posts? It's not like your user name identifies the "real" you in any way.

How did you see how many posts I have? How can I find my posts to go ahead and edit them (sorry I’m kinda a TSR newb)

Yeah I know it’s kinda pointless since no one will know it’s me but it’s just for piece of mind idk haha
Original post by Unistudent2022
How did you see how many posts I have? How can I find my posts to go ahead and edit them (sorry I’m kinda a TSR newb)

Pull-up your profile (e.g. by clicking on your avatar, which is two blue speech bubbles by default, or by clicking here), switch to the My Stats tab, and then click the "Find all posts" link.
Rather than deleting the content, (and leaving nonsensical ‘dead’ threads taking up space), just use the report flag and ask a mod to remove each thread entirely. You can use the ‘posting help > thread move’ reporting category.
Original post by Admit-One
Rather than deleting the content, (and leaving nonsensical ‘dead’ threads taking up space), just use the report flag and ask a mod to remove each thread entirely. You can use the ‘posting help > thread move’ reporting category.

Presumably the "ask a mod to remove each thread entirely" approach wouldn't be appropriate where OP has posted on another user's thread, especially where there are other replies too.
Original post by DataVenia
Presumably the "ask a mod to remove each thread entirely" approach wouldn't be appropriate where OP has posted on another user's thread, especially where there are other replies too.

Indeed, the above only applies to the OP's own threads. Otherwise things would get a bit wild :smile:
Thank you both so much! I’ll do a combination of both methods :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending