The Student Room Group

Official: Anglia Ruskin University A100 2023 Entry

Welcome to the Anglia Ruskin University A100 2023 Entry Discussion.

ARU A100 2022 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7080362

For general information click: https://aru.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/medicine

For entry requirements click: https://aru.ac.uk/study/undergraduat...ryrequirements

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, mention or advertise group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hiya,

I’m applying as a graduate expected to get a 2:1+ in Biological Sciences Hons, meeting the GCSE requirements. I got a 2530 and band 3 in the UKAT, and am not based in the east of England and fall under WAMS.

How likely, based of previous years, would be be to receive and interview?

Many thanks,
Charlotte Gibbs
Reply 2
Original post by Charlotte.gibbs
Hiya,

I’m applying as a graduate expected to get a 2:1+ in Biological Sciences Hons, meeting the GCSE requirements. I got a 2530 and band 3 in the UKAT, and am not based in the east of England and fall under WAMS.

How likely, based of previous years, would be be to receive and interview?

Many thanks,
Charlotte Gibbs

Grad cut off for 2022 entry was 2710 and the year before it was 2610, with 2020 being 2550 for grads.
I am not sure how they apply WAMS to grads, so you would need to check this with them - they are usually pretty open about their cut offs
So depends if you think cut offs will drop. I think they may a little bit, but probably not by that much, unfortunately
Original post by GANFYD
Grad cut off for 2022 entry was 2710 and the year before it was 2610, with 2020 being 2550 for grads.
I am not sure how they apply WAMS to grads, so you would need to check this with them - they are usually pretty open about their cut offs
So depends if you think cut offs will drop. I think they may a little bit, but probably not by that much, unfortunately

I didn’t know the ranked graduates differently from undergrads, where did you read it so I can do some more research?
Many Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by Charlotte.gibbs
I didn’t know the ranked graduates differently from undergrads, where did you read it so I can do some more research?
Many Thanks

It has been commented on on lots of FOIs :smile:
do you know if he got local shortlisting for east london/essex?
Reply 6
Hi...got 2562 in mu UCAT SJAT band 3, any realistic chance of getting into ARU? 10 gcses with 8/9 s, voluntary exp in care home, perdicted A*A*AA for a levels, no contextual flags.Thanks
Reply 7
whats the cut off score likely to be this yr?
are students that live in essex priorotised over students that don't, i live in the north of england and want to apply here but i dont want to waste an application if i have lower chances of getting in.
Reply 9
would students that are eligible for widening participation get a reduced UCAT cut off or more points allocated for them?
Original post by awtumn23
are students that live in essex priorotised over students that don't, i live in the north of england and want to apply here but i dont want to waste an application if i have lower chances of getting in.

students in essex and NE london are prioritised over RUK applicants
A-levels: A*A*A (Predicted) Biology, Psychology & Chemistry (I repeated y12 for biology and psychology) and A* achieved Economics. Emailed ARU about the AS resits etc. and they said it was fine essentially.
UCAT: 2600 Band 1
GCSEs: D*777B66664. 6 in English and Maths, 7-7 in double science

Due to my "sub-par" gcse's and ucat do you think there's still some chance I can get interview at ARU? thanks. I qualify for WAMS
(edited 1 year ago)
Does the interview selection criteria only consist of ranking ucats and choosing the top X amount? Or do they use a point system of some sort?
Original post by Maaa123
Does the interview selection criteria only consist of ranking ucats and choosing the top X amount? Or do they use a point system of some sort?

Might be wrong, but I think they just use a cutoff score. And then will have a different cutoff for local applicants, and for contextual applicants.
Original post by Infinxty09
Might be wrong, but I think they just use a cutoff score. And then will have a different cutoff for local applicants, and for contextual applicants.

What's their cutoff for local applicants? I got 2720 B2
Original post by Maaa123
What's their cutoff for local applicants? I got 2720 B2

I'm applying this year as well so I'm not the most knowledgeable person, but according to the FOI request I could find it was 2640 for normal applicants for 2022 entry and 2590 for local
Original post by Infinxty09
I'm applying this year as well so I'm not the most knowledgeable person, but according to the FOI request I could find it was 2640 for normal applicants for 2022 entry and 2590 for local

Oh yeah I'm not local so I fall under the 2640 cutoff. Surely they can't just invite everyone above this for an interview, that would be too many?
Original post by Maaa123
Oh yeah I'm not local so I fall under the 2640 cutoff. Surely they can't just invite everyone above this for an interview, that would be too many?

they did last year. That's why it's classed as a 'cutoff'

(as long as they met the minimum gcse requirements as well)
(edited 1 year ago)
Would applying as a graduate with 2700 UCAT score be risky do u think? I know it was 2710 last year…
Hi, I am applying to medicine as a grad entry student this year. I have my ucat on September 15th. I do not meet the gcse requirements for anglia ruskin (7 in maths, 7 in English, C in all sciences). Would this hold me back from receiving an interview even if my ucat score is high and I’ve met all other requirements?

Quick Reply