Turn on thread page Beta

How To Ask Mother? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well I have a problem with my mum. A few months back I had a boyfriend who I lost my virginity to, obviously I didn't tell my mum about this but then she found the instruction leaftlet thingy from a condom packet under my bed and banned him from ever coming in my room again :|. she totally over-reacted on the situation, I was 17 when we first had sex so well over the limit, I loved him when we did it, wasn't doing it on the streets and was usuing protection.

So after she banned him from my room she went on a huge rampage about how I was gonna get pregnant even though she found out I wasn't a virgin by finding the contreception I use. After she couldn't use that one anymore she starts accusing me of having sex because I was desparate and did care about him which is far from the truth. Stupid woman.

Anyhow that last paragraph was far from the point I wanted to tell. Just thought I'd add it in and have a rant haha. Me and that guy have split up now and I've met a new boy. We haven't slept together yet, won't do for a while either I don't think. I want to invite the new guy round to my house to watch a movie in my room. This will prolly involve getting in my bed and cuddling. The question is how do I ask my mum???

I don't know how I could convince her that I'm not sexually active with this guy, besides I don't even like the thought of having sex when my mums in the house, which she will be. Argh, stressed. Don't want mothers bannage to ruin anything for me and this new guy

ReputationRep:
    she acted how any other mum would stop doing it in your parents house jeez lol

ReputationRep:
    Just tell her straight out that your boyfriend is coming round to watch a movie in your room. You guys aren't sexually active and nothing will happen. If she doesn't believe you, tell her to pop in from time to time. If she still doesn't let you then tell her that if you wanted to have sex, you'd do it some other place and time when you weren't around; hence it'd be better she knows whats happening under her roof

ReputationRep:
    If she says no you could bargain with her and go downtairs as long as no one comes in the room?

ReputationRep:
    Go to his instead.
    All mum's are like this, how would you like it if your daughter had a boy in her bedroom?:rant:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe compromise and leave your bedroom door open? I know it's not ideal but if there's no alternative! My mother would have had a fit too, she still would I think and I'm 22. My bf-slash-fiance would still be getting a bed on the opposite end of the house lol

ReputationRep:
    say you are happy to keep the door open and for her to pop in now and again. Might be best if he comes round for tea first and then your mum can chat to him over dinner and get to know him and then you two can go upstairs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SofinaaBabess)
    Go to his instead.
    All mum's are like this, how would you like it if your daughter had a boy in her bedroom?:rant:
    Ja, we always go to his house. Thought it was about time he came to mine so he could meet my mum etc. Shouldn't be too daunting for him cause he kinda knows my mum since my community is pretty tight knit and my mum and his dad grew up together and I still live on the same road as his nana.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sprockette)
    Maybe compromise and leave your bedroom door open? I know it's not ideal but if there's no alternative! My mother would have had a fit too, she still would I think and I'm 22. My bf-slash-fiance would still be getting a bed on the opposite end of the house lol
    Phew so my mums kinda normal then? Most of my friends have nice little sleepovers in the same bed as them and their mums are totally fine about it. When I'm like "nahh actually my mum would never let me do that" I feel well geeky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *AllyBaba)
    Ja, we always go to his house. Thought it was about time he came to mine so he could meet my mum etc. Shouldn't be too daunting for him cause he kinda knows my mum since my community is pretty tight knit and my mum and his dad grew up together and I still live on the same road as his nana.
    Well it sounds like you can have the easy way out, seeing as he's practically a family friend. Back it up by going on about how it's not like he's a stranger or anything, his Nan lives down the road, etcccccc.

ReputationRep:
    Have sex in the kitchen while she is at home. That will teach her a lesson

ReputationRep:
    Well I have a problem with my mum. A few months back I had a boyfriend who I lost my virginity to, obviously I didn't tell my mum about this but then she found the instruction leaftlet thingy from a condom packet under my bed and banned him from ever coming in my room again :|.
    OK firstly... You're old enough to make your own decisions. Secondly... Why the HELL did she search under your bed? It's your room isn't it? Or does she still tidy it for you? If so, then maybe you are really not mature enough for sex... or she just treats you like a little baby.
    I think your mum has done wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    OK firstly... You're old enough to make your own decisions. Secondly... Why the HELL did she search under your bed? It's your room isn't it? Or does she still tidy it for you? If so, then maybe you are really not mature enough for sex... or she just treats you like a little baby.
    I think your mum has done wrong.
    Ahaha no she doesn't clean my room. I was on holiday with my friends in Greece and she decided to decorate my room as a surprise for when I got back. Turns out it was her that got the surprise.

ReputationRep:
    Ahaha no she doesn't clean my room. I was on holiday with my friends in Greece and she decided to decorate my room as a surprise for when I got back. Turns out it was her that got the surprise.
    Aaah come on... she should start understanding that you're old enough for that. It's not as if there were condoms spread all over the house... I told my mum I had my first sex when I was 17 (she still doesn't know it was faaaar earlier) and she was cool with that. She even asked me how it was
    Well tell your mum to cool down, we don't wanna know what she did when she was young

ReputationRep:
    speak to her kindly

your mom has just found out that her little girl is now a woman grown up (somewhat)

try speaking to her about it, shes in shock

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    Aaah come on... she should start understanding that you're old enough for that. It's not as if there were condoms spread all over the house... I told my mum I had my first sex when I was 17 (she still doesn't know it was faaaar earlier) and she was cool with that. She even asked me how it was
    Well tell your mum to cool down,we don't wanna know what she did when she was young
    Too late she already told me. Still get shivers down my spine when I think of it. Urgh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    speak to her kindly

your mom has just found out that her little girl is now a woman grown up (somewhat)

try speaking to her about it, shes in shock
    Her words exactly. Sure you're not my mum in disguise? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Tell your mum and make her understand that what you did with the other guy would not happen again until you are older and that..even if u do wnt 2 get into it =]
    To be honest all mothers are like this, as they worry abt us a lot and so doesnt want us to get into situations which we shud never have been a part of in the 1st place, so dont worry as u aint the only one in the world who is in this conflict. Jus talk to her, tell her she can talk to the guy wen he is at home, but i would suggest u to invite in round for dinner and tea for the 1st couple of visits wen ur mum is in the house

ReputationRep:
    Be really blunt to embaress her! "We're not going to have sex!"
    But tell her about him and how it's only a date before he visits. If he goes to grammar or nice stuff emphasise that Say that your taking it slow. As much as possible try to avoid arguing, maybe she'll recognise that losing her temper isn't the best was to communicate
    It's poss that she's trying to stop you from making mistakes or getting hurt
    But she needs to realise that you're an individual and can make your own decisions
    Goodluck
    p.s I don't believe in sex before marriage and when my parents start on the sex talk I just go "don't worry" and are really shocked and shutup- he he

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SofinaaBabess)
    Go to his instead.
    my mums not, she just tells me to shut my bedroom door so my dad doesnt know lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2008
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.