The Student Room Group

Why did you break up with your Ex?

We get a lot of questions on here asking about whether or not you should break up with someone for doing X or Y.

I thought it may be useful to have this thread where we share what we have broken up with others for doing - as a reference point for the range of varied responses one could have. :smile:

So: Why did you break up with your ex? :holmes:
It was too hard for him being with a polyamory person like me....
We are still best friends.

Other relationships I had just didn't work.... There was nothing specific that caused the break up, it just didn't work
I cheated on my ex :frown:
Reply 3
he was a psychopath. pretty poor one at that
Didn't have a shared vision on the direction life should take.
Realised I only went out with her because I was desperate and we'd grown to resent each other. Couldn't talk without arguing.
Those are the two most recent ex breakup motivations.
I don't have an ex. :colondollar:
Usually because personal ambitions and lifestyle preferences were not compatible or I just got bored.

Some wanted multiple children, I'm only going to have one child.
One was a trot conspiracy theorist and I didn't appreciate his frequent vitriolic outbursts. :grr:
Another kept asking me if I wanted to swap nude photos with him or look at naked photos of a few of his investment banking coworkers when he knew I was 16. :yucky:
Three wanted to work in another continent for at least 2 years, I was not willing to consider relocating that far from the UK.
A few were religious with conversion agendas or into fringe identity politics connected with religion and very outspoken, I got fed up of hearing their preaching. :banghead:
Some were very close with their parents or extended family members and wanted to arrange for me to meet their relatives, while I didn't want to have any involvement with their family members nor to have them ask for contact with mine.
The last ex was sordid with some sexually incompatible secret hobbies that revolted me as well as putting my life at risk, involving violent high risk sexual activities with sex workers and hiding his collection of stds from me.
We didn’t want to do long distance anymore and realised we wanted different things out of life
Original post by 04MR17
We get a lot of questions on here asking about whether or not you should break up with someone for doing X or Y.

I thought it may be useful to have this thread where we share what we have broken up with others for doing - as a reference point for the range of varied responses one could have. :smile:

So: Why did you break up with your ex? :holmes:

He cheated on me.
Didn’t think before he spoke, said really hurtful things and then blamed me when I got upset. His excuse was ‘it’s your fault I’m too comfortable around you’. Dumped him pretty soon after…
The only acrimonious break up I've had was just after finishing A levels. We'd being going out for a bout a year until he cheated on me with one of my friends. A couple of months later, I slept with his new girlfriend. I doubt I'll ever manage such a perfect act of revenge ever again.
Original post by Crazed cat lady
The only acrimonious break up I've had was just after finishing A levels. We'd being going out for a bout a year until he cheated on me with one of my friends. A couple of months later, I slept with his new girlfriend. I doubt I'll ever manage such a perfect act of revenge ever again.

I find that strangely hot
Miscommunication :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest