The Student Room Group

Changing uni second year

I just finished my first year at Uni of Westminster. I hate the place. Would I be allowed to transfer to another uni for second year or is it too late.
In some cases, yes, you can transfer, but I'd advise speaking directly to your tutor, or any other adviser at your university to express your doubts first, that was they can help you with your options.

Depending on your course, you could potentially transfer, usually with the condition that you are passing well in your modules (though do not take this for granted).

You should also contact the university you are interested in transferring to, as they will also help simplify the details for you.

The only issue I see you facing is if you are transferring from any medical or veterinary medicine courses as many universities do not allow for transfers.

Good luck, and I hope you find a place you're happy with!
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi @tj674,

I would speak to your personal tutor or the faculty lead and explain the situation to them and see what guidance and support they can provide.

I would also see if the Students Union has an advice service. They will be working during the summer and can offer independent advice and guidance and may be able to advise you about transferring. Usually, they are able to support and will work with you on a case until it is resolved so can advise on the way to move forward with a transfer and what you need to do. It may also be helpful as if you are unable to transfer they could possibly help you change anything that may make your University experience better. I would give them either a call or see if they have a drop-in and see how they can help you.

Wishing you all the best

Luke Portsmouth Student Rep
Original post by tj674
I just finished my first year at Uni of Westminster. I hate the place. Would I be allowed to transfer to another uni for second year or is it too late.

Hi @tj674,

As everyone has mentioned, it's recommended to seek advice first before transferring. However, if your heart is set to transferring it is still possible to do so, as long as you have passed your 1st Year. In order to transfer you would have to email your chosen university's admission team.

Input the subject title as followed: [Course] Transfer for September 2022 Intake. The email should then consist of 3 things:
[1] Personal Statement for Course
[2] Reasons for Transfer
[3] Degree Transcripts, Level 3 Qualifications, GCSEs

Once it has been sent, the admissions team will process it and in due time inform you if it is possible to transfer. Before doing so, it's always best to double check with the university's admissions team if their transfer window is still available.

I hope this helps,
- Jesse

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending