Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    _
    Hi! Ime having this problem with malwarebytes:

everyweek i run the scanner and everyweek it finds ecactley the same file which i delete everytime!!!
    why does it keep on coming back???
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Crabman)
    Hi! Ime having this problem with malwarebytes:

everyweek i run the scanner and everyweek it finds ecactley the same file which i delete everytime!!!
    why does it keep on coming back???
    What's the virus name? No software will remove 100% of viruses.

ReputationRep:
    What are the best software I could use for my computer? (including the paid ones)

I currently use only NOD32. Is there anything else I should be using to 'complement' it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sincerity?)
    What are the best software I could use for my computer? (including the paid ones)

I currently use only NOD32. Is there anything else I should be using to 'complement' it?
    Well you've pretty much got the best antivirus software on the market, so you should think about antispyware programs such as Malwarebytes and Spybot.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :ditto: Malwarebytes is my preferred choice.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. I've heard Malwarebytes before and will acquire it.

ReputationRep:
    spybots is the technically superior, but not much in it

i use kaspersky on laptop

and avg on pc, whilst running error fix and antimalware (program name) and antispyware (program name)

i also recomment bullguard

ReputationRep:
    Which of the premuim PAckages would you guys recommend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolk_Enchance)
    Which of the premuim PAckages would you guys recommend?
    Eset or kaspersky are two I personally like, and seem to be universally recommended.

I've currently got kaspersky but I think I would prefer Eset as it gives you a bit more control over things, although if you're not a control freak, kaspersky is great for just running automatic scheduled scans and taking appropriate action without any fuss.

(although for some reason it insists on making a bit of a fuss every time I press the windows media player hot key on my keyboard)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    +1 for Kaspersky. But I use AVG Free Edition. :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    +1 for Kaspersky. But I use AVG Free Edition. :thumbsup:
    Ugh, the new versions of AVG are horrible in every way. I've recently made the switch to Avast! and much prefer it. But give me oldstyle AVG anyday
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Asert)
    Ugh, the new versions of AVG are horrible in every way. I've recently made the switch to Avast! and much prefer it. But give me oldstyle AVG anyday
    The only thing that annoys me about AVG is the stupid specials offers ad that sticks out of the main menu bit.

ReputationRep:
    What about Norton?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Norfolk_Enchance)
    What about Norton?
    It's reportedly to be much improved in the latest version...

ReputationRep:
    anyone know if rapport is worth having fr your online banking? im with natwest and can get a freedowload of it

i have norton 360 sinalled currently aswell, im just OCD on my bank security

cheers

ReputationRep:
    This is really starting to annoy me. I want to download AVG 8.5, no other. I've tried to run and save it but I keep getting the same message .....

'Problem with the downloading process
    Sorry, downloading AVG installation file has failed. Please make sure you computer is connected to the internet. If so, click Retry to try again or click Cancel to quit. ErrorCode: 0xE001C008'

Retry does not work. I'm getting very frustrated with this now! I also tried to copy my AVG 8.5 from PC onto USB and then install on laptop through that but when I use the set up, it requires a license key (which I guess means for customers who have paid for AVG which doesn't apply to me) so am stuck there too.

Help, please! Cheers.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You're downloading this one right?

http://download.cnet.com/AVG-Anti-Vi...dlPid=11014801

ReputationRep:
    I've been going through this

http://free.avg.com/download?prd=afe

I rememebr downloading a virus when downloading AVG once and I have a feeling it might have been that cnet link.

Do you think I should go with that cnet link anyways???
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    ok then. getting real pissy with this now I hope it works!!!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 24, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.