(Original post by spikeymike)
    What is? :confused:
    Thread title. :yep:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by inferiormadbeing)
    Thread title. :yep:
    How the hell did i not notice that? :rofl: Thanks for the rep.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by wilthsni)
    What about links to online scanners?

Like ESET, Panda, BitDefender and Trend Micro.
    Good call. Thanks, i'll add these now.

ReputationRep:
    I think this in one of the ultimatum threads on TSR lol
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Damn right! :jiggy:

ReputationRep:
    AVG is good for free.

ReputationRep:
    Mike, maybe you could also add that if a search is done with one anti-virus and nothing is found it would be a good idea to download and run a different antivirus to double check.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Terryw)
    Mike, maybe you could also add that if a search is done with one anti-virus and nothing is found it would be a good idea to download and run a different antivirus to double check.
    Nah that's just hassle? Online anti-virus can be double check...?

ReputationRep:
    I'd say no, because that would encourage people to have more than one anti-virus installed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyFencer)
    I'd say no, because that would encourage people to have more than one anti-virus installed.
    True, although I have seen lots of threads where one AV hasn't worked and another one has found the virus.

ReputationRep:
    True, although I have seen lots of threads where one AV hasn't worked and another one has found the virus.
    Yeah, I'd agree with that, but still, for the average user it isn't the best possible advice to give out.

ReputationRep:
    i downloaded avg on the site http://www.download.com/windows/anti...-0.html?tag=bc

but after it finished downloading its not opening properly. It says index.php when i try to open it with firefox it doesnt work :confused: does anyone know what i should do?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by CertifiedAngel)
    i downloaded avg on the site http://www.download.com/windows/anti...-0.html?tag=bc

but after it finished downloading its not opening properly. It says index.php when i try to open it with firefox it doesnt work :confused: does anyone know what i should do?
    Hmm.. i just tried it myself... hold on.

Edit:
    Download AVG

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Hmm.. i just tried it myself... hold on.

Edit:
    Download AVG
    Thank you
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by CertifiedAngel)
    Thank you
    No worries.

ReputationRep:
    The two best defenders are Kaspersky and NOD32. Spybot and HijackThis! are useful tools too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giran)
    The two best defenders are Kaspersky and NOD32. Spybot and HijackThis! are useful tools too.
    Based on what, exactly?

ReputationRep:
    In my personal opinion/experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giran)
    In my personal opinion/experience.
    Oh. That was crap. Thought you were gonna tell me what is actually better with those. Better functionality? Better virus definitions? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Well yes of course. It does a damn good job of eliminating threats before it has a chance to **** up your system. I've used many programs and these two do the job and I've never had any troubles with them.

Kaspersky has more functionality than nod32, but NOD32 has an advanced threat engine that picks up the issues very early.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 24, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.