The Student Room Group

University

I've a uni exam next week and I don't know what to wear?
An air of quiet confidence.
Original post by Anonymous
I've a uni exam next week and I don't know what to wear?

Hello!

A lot of people have certain clothing they feel more or less confident in. Comfort absolutely should be a priority when it comes to what outfit to wear to an exam, but if you walk in there feeling confident about yourself, it can often translate into confidence in your own abilities. It wouldn’t hurt to wear an outfit you know you feel good in!

That being said, there isn’t any pressure to pull out all the stops. Comfort really is the most important thing, as you want to make sure you’re focusing on your exam and not on how your trousers are digging into your gut.

Try not to worry too much about clothing!

Estelle
Second Year Psychology Student
University of Huddersfield
Wear something that is comfortable, such as a top, some trainers, leggings/jogger bottoms and then a jacket or cardigan in case you get cold. It's good to have removable layers so if you get too hot you can take something off, and if you get cold you can put something on.

You could also wear something that makes you feel confident, like a favourite t-shirt. Exams are in part about managing under pressure, so doing something simple like wearing something that boots your self esteem and confidence can help with nerves, and so help you to do better.

- Rosie

Quick Reply