Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bob)
    Are you a lorry driver?
    Oh no he didn't !
    Someone alert the Daily Mail.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing beats the feeling of holding a physical CD...

You can also rip it in your own format that way (ALE FTW)

ReputationRep:
    I still do, got about five CDs on my christmas list this year. I spent the last few years just borrowing/transfering files from friends but it all went tits up when I got my new laptop (my itunes library has gone for 2.5k+ to just 600 tracks) and now I prefer to actually *have* the music in my hands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ed.)
    Oh no he didn't !
    Someone alert the Daily Mail.
    :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I go to gigs and festivals but I do not buy music, unless it's vinyl.

ReputationRep:
    I never go to gigs.

But I buy my music from Itunes.

ReputationRep:
    where do u download your music from (other than itunes)???

ReputationRep:
    my label has distribution to loads of different places..

a few being...

HMV/I-Tunes/MTV UK/Napster/cdwow/MSN/GWR/eMusic/Nokia/NTL/Oxfam/02/Vodaphone/Tesco/Play.com/T-Mobile/Tuntribe/Tiscali/Virgin/Xbox

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a CD player, so I don't buy CDs. I buy vinyl, but, y'know, from charity shops/ebay/stalls, so it's not contributing to the music industry or anything.

ReputationRep:
    ummmm I occasionallly will buy a CD, If I particularly respect the artist, aside from those rare (twice-yearly) exceptions... no...

ReputationRep:
    I go to occasional gigs. I download music without paying and buy it in pretty equal amounts. If I feel the artist deserves the money, or if they're on an indie record label and particularly new or unpopular, I'll buy the track. Anything I want from a major artist I'll download without paying.

ReputationRep:
    i download music, if i like it i will then buy it on vinyl. never cd. if it's not available on vinyl then i just won't buy it. cds are rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    I go to gigs, I still buy CD's on occasion, and always, if downloading, I download it off iTunes. I have too much of a guilty conscience to download illegally.

ReputationRep:
    Used to buy, now just DL It all. Have hundreds of my fave songs on my ipod.

No. If I had money, I might. But I don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by titanomachy)
    Yeah! I used to spend a FORTUNE on hookers, and then I thought 'hey, if I just RAPE them....'

Seriously though, I wouldn't buy music. More because I think its better for music if artists are relying on revenues from touring, and I will happily fork out some dosh to go to a gig or festival.

Also my new lodger has about a million albums which he's drip feeding me, I honestly don't think i'm ever going to get through it all.....
    I shouldn't laugh but I found that hilarious

I'd say about 60% of my music is downloaded. If I like an album enough (or the cover art) then I'm willing to pay for a CD or vinyl copy.

ReputationRep:
    I can count the number of CD's I own on one pair of hands. If they're a CD I *absolutely* love then I just have to have it - that's where eBay comes in. Otherwise I don't buy music. I do go to gigs - never actually been to a festival. It doesn't appeal all that much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sermstyle)
    Iam in my second year of a music production degree and have my own label..

Was wondering do any of you still buy music?

Digitally or CD's?

What about gigs? Pay to go see artists/bands?
    You have your own label? Doing a music production degree? Time to learn how to spell the plural of CDs then? ;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student2806)
    I buy physical CDs. Downloading may be more convenient but if your computer goes so does all your music.
    Same here

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.