The Student Room Group

Creating an application form online

Hi there, I am trying to create an account with Student Finance England to apply for Postgraduate funding and loan.
After I fill in my details on the page: Name, Surname, Date of Birth, Town of Birth, NIN, the following page on the screen says:

"We need more information to register your account
From the information you've given us you may already have an account or you share too many details with an existing account holder.

You would have an account if you've ever:

applied for student finance before
supported an application for student finance before"

I have applied to SAAS before but never applied to Student Finance.

Could you please suggest what I should do?

Thank you.
Original post by g_ii
Hi there, I am trying to create an account with Student Finance England to apply for Postgraduate funding and loan.
After I fill in my details on the page: Name, Surname, Date of Birth, Town of Birth, NIN, the following page on the screen says:

"We need more information to register your account
From the information you've given us you may already have an account or you share too many details with an existing account holder.

You would have an account if you've ever:

applied for student finance before
supported an application for student finance before"

I have applied to SAAS before but never applied to Student Finance.

Could you please suggest what I should do?

Thank you.

Hi there, As you have applied to SAAS previously you wouldn't be able to apply online. You would need to complete the paper application form and return this via post for the team to transfer your account from SAAS to SFE. Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, As you have applied to SAAS previously you wouldn't be able to apply online. You would need to complete the paper application form and return this via post for the team to transfer your account from SAAS to SFE. Thanks, Karen

Hi Karen, thank you for your incredibly quick response. Does that mean I might be asked to post my passport applying through post? (I am from EU, settled status).

Thank you for you.
Original post by g_ii
Hi Karen, thank you for your incredibly quick response. Does that mean I might be asked to post my passport applying through post? (I am from EU, settled status).

Thank you for you.

We would require your Home Office Letter and Immigration Status Share Code as proof of your ID and status in the UK. This would be sent along with the paper application form. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending