The Student Room Group

A Levels - number of marks per paper

Hi

I have heard that this year we will be given a breakdown of our marks per paper when receiving our results, which I'm sure usually isn't the case..

Is this true or have I misunderstood lol

Thanks in advance!
Original post by RyanC_
Hi

I have heard that this year we will be given a breakdown of our marks per paper when receiving our results, which I'm sure usually isn't the case..

Is this true or have I misunderstood lol

Thanks in advance!

I’ve heard something similar. Afaik, it appears to only be AQA doing this, though that may be wrong.

What I do know is that with Edexcel, you can request your individual marks back from your teachers, as I did that with my November resit of GCSE maths in 2020.
(edited 1 year ago)
From this page on the AQA site:

Understanding your results slips
For summer 2022 exam results, your results slips will show unit results (which were absent from results slips in summer 2021 except for Functional Skills).

As well as your overall grade, you’ll also be able to see component-level marks and the grade for any endorsement elements (such as the GCSE English Spoken Language endorsement).

There are samples (for A level and GCSE) available here. They clearly show marks per paper/component - not just the overall grade per subject.
Reply 3
Original post by TypicalNerd
I’ve heard something similar. Afaik, it appears to only be AQA doing this, though that may be wrong.

What I do know is that with Edexcel, you can request your individual marks back from your teachers, as I did that with my November resit of GCSE maths in 2020.

Original post by DataVenia
From this page on the AQA site:

There are samples (for A level and GCSE) available here. They clearly show marks per paper/component - not just the overall grade per subject.

That's great, thank you both.

2/3 of my A Levels are AQA so it will be good to see how I did in each paper :biggrin: I'll just ask my teachers about my Edexcel Business :thumbsup:
AQA has provided less info than the others boards for years, so I expect they are just catching up.

Schools have always been able to provide details of this, even though it's not come in through the results download schools get that populates the results sheets. If you want more information then you initially get, then ask your school. Edexcel will also provide you with a marked copy of your script - for free - if you give your school permission to download it.

Quick Reply

Latest